PCP advice and CarPlay VIN

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Tabletop

Post by Tabletop »

Ordered our car back in June. Car is ready to be picked up this week. We are buying on a 4 year PCP deal provided by dealership, with the intention of buying car back at end of 4 years. Dealership have increased the estimated value of car at end of term by 1 thousand over what was quoted back in June. I’ve never bought on PCP before, and wondered if anyone knows if this is normal.

Also, tried to register CarPlay which wanted VIN, but VIN rejected by registration process. I want to arrive at collection with phone setup, anyone know a way to setup without VIN?

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

It is normal based on better than anticipated values being likely. They expect a 4 year old ID3 to be worth more than they predicted 6 months ago.

I personally would do a 3 year PCP rather than 4 - I wouldn't want a PCP lasting longer than the car's warranty.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

CarPlay needed a VIN? All you do is pair CarPlay with the car like you do with any other car, takes a maximum of 20s Wirelessly or 10s by cable, not sure how you can do that in advance?
Tabletop

Post by Tabletop »

Thanks. Sorry, should have been more clear. I was under impression that in order to use CarPlay in id3 I needed to install we connect on phone, and it is we connect registration that wants VIN.
Deleted User 314

Ah ha :)

Hm, I don't know if that's right but only because I did what you did, had everything set up before I got the car.

Our daughters both have their phones connected to CarPlay and neither have the app. Note, to save you hair pulling out - make sure you download We Connect iD (not We Connect)
Tabletop

Post by Tabletop »

We connect iD - ah thanks for that
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

The increase in the GFV should be a positive because your monthlies will go down.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

We Connect ID. is the app you need to pair with the car - get the dealer to help with that when you collect.
Tabletop

Post by Tabletop »

>The increase in the GFV should be a positive because your monthlies will go down.

Plan is to buy it at end. It’s the fact that the GFV has increased by 1k in five months since order that was a shock
Jonr37

Post by Jonr37 »

No need for the VIN for carplay, just connect your phone to the car when you first sit in it, tick the carplay box on your iPhone and off you go

VIN and registration only needed for WeConnect - except on my ID.3 which arrived last week the computer thing showed me a QR code, scan that with your iPhone and then everything happened automatically behind the scenes. Very clever, super easy

Also, dont make the mistake i did to begin with, you need the WeConnect ID app. Not plain old WeConnect……
Tabletop

Post by Tabletop »

Thanks all, particularly for tip re Id specific we connect app. Picking car up tomorrow.
Deleted User 314

Fun times :) Enjoy!!!