Speed Limit Signs

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

I'm just curious, my current car (ICE Mazda) picks up the speed limit signs and displays them on the HUD. BUT it doesn't differentiate the 40mph advisory signs for the HGV's, and displays the 40 rather than the NSL of 60mph.

Is this feature the same with the ID3, and does the car do anything with the info??

Thanks.
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

The ID.3 uses a combination of GPS/mapping data as well as what it “sees” with the front camera system to work out the current speed limit.

By default the cruise control will obey what the car thinks the speed limit is at the time, increasing and decreasing your speed as the limit changes during your drive.

The car will also want to slow down when coming into a lower limit area, applying regen to do so, even when not using cruise control.

If it gets the calculations right, it’s great.

You can disable these capabilities if you want, then it’s totally up to you to do the above.
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

Thanks for that - does it bring up many false positives? The Mazda falls for the lorry signs everytime, but soon corrects itself and thankfully its not connected to the ACC.
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Some false “readings” yes, none of these systems are perfect, my wife’s Toyota Yaris thinks the road through our village is a 20 but it never has been and there isn’t a single sign or map which says that!

As I mentioned, you can disable the system if you find it gets things wrong more than you would like - it’s one of the options in the Assist screen.
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

Thanks again!
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max