ACC buttons not responding

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Did a 40 mile round trip this morning mostly dual carriageway but all controls on the LH side of the wheel were unresponsive. No haptic feedback, no feel, just dead. The green car symbol and lanes were also intermittent. I stopped 1 mile from home to pick something up and when I pulled away again it all decided to work. Typical.
There was not any warning messages or symbols everything worked as normal except the ACC controls.
Anyone had that before?
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22

Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Daveion wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:36 am Did a 40 mile round trip this morning mostly dual carriageway but all controls on the LH side of the wheel were unresponsive. No haptic feedback, no feel, just dead. The green car symbol and lanes were also intermittent. I stopped 1 mile from home to pick something up and when I pulled away again it all decided to work. Typical.
There was not any warning messages or symbols everything worked as normal except the ACC controls.
Anyone had that before?
I had something similar yesterday, when I couldn’t get the ACC to engage. Then, a few more miles down the road, it just came back.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Maybe it just failed to load properly. It's working now.
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22
Maybach

Post by Maybach »

I had a similar experience last Friday. I had a yellow warning light for the ACC and a message saying ACC was not available. The Lane assist was intermittent too. I was meeting someone so didn’t have time to check it on arrival but once I got in the car for the return journey it had cleared. The online manual said the fault was caused by the camera on the front of the car being obstructed. I had just washed the car but couldn’t see how that could have affected the camera. Not had a repeat since.

Simon
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Your description sounds like the 2.3 download!!
Do you have it yet?
I installed 2.3 a couple of weeks back.
I never had any error indication at all. The LH controls on the wheel were dead but thankfully up and running again.
Checkout the 2.3 download info.
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22
Maybach

Post by Maybach »

I got my Life Pro at the end of August. It came with 2.3.

Simon
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Maybe it was just the camera then for you.
I hope my dead ACC buttons are a one off.
Got a 60 mile return run tomorrow.
Dave
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22
simonrg

Post by simonrg »

Daveion wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:00 pm Maybe it was just the camera then for you.
I hope my dead ACC buttons are a one off.
Got a 60 mile return run tomorrow.
Dave
When the steering wheel buttons fails, they don't work (obviously), but also no haptic feedback when you press them and most visible is they are not lit up.

If the buttons were lit up then sounds like just a software issue rather than hardware, not lit up could be a hardware issue.

I had to swap one of the replacement ID.3s I had as the left buttons stopped working i.e. didn't even light up, no haptic feedback and car didn't register pressing them. This was just intermittent for a couple of days and then became permanent.
Last edited by simonrg on Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ID.3 Business Pro Performance + Heat Pump - 0564 (23/12/20) - 0783 (28/1/21) - 0792 (7/5/21) - 0910 (24/10/21) - 3.2 (6/7/23) - Hardware H20 - North Yorkshire
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

I cant recall if they were lit up or not.
If the fault returns I will look out for that.
Thats helpful. Thanks
Dave
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22
ID3VW_JULY_2021

Post by ID3VW_JULY_2021 »

Hello, I am having the same problem and it is becoming more frequent. ACC deactivating by itself, ACC button not responding, mph goes all the way down to 20mph and feel haptic feedback without touching any buttons (definitely nothing to do with lane assist). Do you know what is the cause and how to fix it? Thank you!
Chris

Post by Chris »

Same issue today, left hand side buttons on the steering wheel have stopped working. I called the dealer and six weeks before they can have a look.