Delivery

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Topkit

Post by Topkit »

150PS Style Pure Performance.
The only number I have for delivery is the one I gave. Perhaps this is because it is a Motability vehicle.
I have now received infoirmation that my car is on it's way to the dockyard. Some progress at last.
Tony

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Excellent news, am glad for you that it's on its way. Ours is a Motability order too, still no update. Not expecting it now until late Jan/Feb given past performance.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
StuartT

Post by StuartT »

Hello there, mine is a Motability car and the only adaptions that could be fitted were a simple push/pull hand control. I requested an indicator switch on the hand control but they weren't able to fit one. The car was delivered in August, I've spoken to them since, and they're still not able to fit them. I just wondered if you'd ordered any electrical adaptions and are they able to fit them?
Cheers
Glacier white, Life Pro. August 2021
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

StuartT wrote: โ†‘Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:16 pm Hello there, mine is a Motability car and the only adaptions that could be fitted were a simple push/pull hand control. I requested an indicator switch on the hand control but they weren't able to fit one. The car was delivered in August, I've spoken to them since, and they're still not able to fit them. I just wondered if you'd ordered any electrical adaptions and are they able to fit them?
Cheers
Hi ๐Ÿ˜€

We didn't need any physical adaptations this time around. My understanding though is the same as yours - a physical push/pull hand control is the only currently supported adaptation available. VW do not appear to making it easy to gain access to the car's electronic systems to handle deeper controls, which I think is a really glaring mistake. Given how much of the car is actually drive-by-wire, VW could probably sell a "mobility adapter" to authorised adaptation installers for integration into their adaptation hardware platforms.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
StuartT

Post by StuartT »

The ID.3 only appeared on Motability on April 1st and I ordered one a week later. Up until then I'd been looking at a Nissan Leaf, because of the size of the boot, and I've no doubt they've got the Leaf electrics sussed out, but the moment the ID.3 appeared there was no competition.
I'm guessing that this is a small price to pay for being an early-adopter on the Motability scheme and I've squared it off by reminding myself that we are at the start of a massive time of revolution and change in the motor industry and it's not going to be a smooth and seamless change, for everyone, to electric mobility...
Cherry

Post by Cherry »

StuartT wrote: โ†‘Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:29 pm The ID.3 only appeared on Motability on April 1st and I ordered one a week later. Up until then I'd been looking at a Nissan Leaf, because of the size of the boot, and I've no doubt they've got the Leaf electrics sussed out, but the moment the ID.3 appeared there was no competition.
I'm guessing that this is a small price to pay for being an early-adopter on the Motability scheme and I've squared it off by reminding myself that we are at the start of a massive time of revolution and change in the motor industry and it's not going to be a smooth and seamless change, for everyone, to electric mobility...
Are there any statistic as to the worst BEV by faults?

It looks like ID.3 has so many issues. How does it compare with the Leaf, E-Niro, etc?
9 Sep 21 Ordered ID.3 Family Pro, Stonewashed Blue & East Derry
13 Sep 21 PCP approved. VW No: 3131xxxx
24 Sep 21 Temp build wk43, conf' 46
22 Nov 21 Conf' build wk 49
10 Jan 22 Code 38 Awaiting ship-release (wk48 build)
01 March preferred collection
StuartT

Post by StuartT »

"Are there any statistic as to the worst BEV by faults?" - I've no idea, tbh. Who was it that said "there's lies, damn lies, and statistics"? ๐Ÿ˜
I just trust that they're working flat-out, because they know that the Chinese manufacturer's are coming over the horizon. The Chinese are a few years ahead of European manufacturers, with their EVs, and the early reviews of the ORA CAT, which looks like a direct competitor to the ID.3 to me, are favourable. The old order is being shaken to its core and it's going to be interesting to see who's left standing when the dust settles.