Heated seat and stering wheel

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
micklebrow

Post by micklebrow »

Hi guy's.
Is there a timer of some sort for the seat heating and heated steering wheel. I'm only asking as if they are on and I stop to pop into a shop. When I get back into the car, the heated seat an wheel are still on which is brill as saves me selecting them again. But after locking the car over night in the garage, they are all off in the morning, so I'm assuming there must be some sort of timer, but for how long?

Regards
ID3 Life Pro Performance 204ps, Mangan Grey

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

There is a setting in the car that can make them come on automatically when it’s cold outside, make sure that’s enabled.

No idea what the actual timer is, probably just when the various systems go to sleep, which is not configurable.
micklebrow

Post by micklebrow »

Thanks will check the settings.
ID3 Life Pro Performance 204ps, Mangan Grey
id73

Post by id73 »

Any idea what the cold temperature threshold is for turning on heated steering wheel?

Maybe a dumb question but I used to be able to turn on heated seats from the app but now only seem to be able to control the cabin temp from the app. Has VW removed ability to turn on heated seats remotely?
Seems an odd thing to remove as very useful
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

id73 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:34 am Any idea what the cold temperature threshold is for turning on heated steering wheel?

Maybe a dumb question but I used to be able to turn on heated seats from the app but now only seem to be able to control the cabin temp from the app. Has VW removed ability to turn on heated seats remotely?
Seems an odd thing to remove as very useful
Yes it has been removed, I don't think it actually worked, unless you had success with it, my attempts to switch the seats on did nothing.
There is now a 'Zones' area in settings that will allow you to set whether the seats come on automatically.
id73

Post by id73 »

That’s terrible. I’m sure when I used it last winter it worked fine.
Feels like a big step backwards to offer it to owners and then revoke it!