Cost of a refill - recharge

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Cherry

Post by Cherry »

monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:26 am
It may cost them in the long run when those Tesco chargers get busier and you've less chance of nabbing one, the £350 charger grant is likely to be long gone by then.
What are the odds when the £350 grant goes the price of an install will not increase by £350?
Charger prices may reduce in the long term.

For low milage users the payback time for a home charger is a number of years.
Some people can charge free at work and really cannot justify £500 for a home charger on economic terms (I view as a cost of the car so wil get one).
For these people an EV tariff may not even be worthwhile.
I was with Avro on a single daily rate as my night usage was low. The convenience of a single 24 hour lower rate was cheaper for me (I maintained a spreadsheet for comparison). I have now been moved back to Economy 7 with Octopus. What a pain having to switch on a dishwasher after 00:30 for a cheaper rate.

Tesco works fine for some. It is nothing to do with being "tight", but being pragmatic.
I am surprised the admininstrator allows the insults to be posted.
9 Sep 21 Ordered ID.3 Family Pro, Stonewashed Blue & East Derry
13 Sep 21 PCP approved. VW No: 3131xxxx
24 Sep 21 Temp build wk43, conf' 46
22 Nov 21 Conf' build wk 49
10 Jan 22 Code 38 Awaiting ship-release (wk48 build)
01 March preferred collection

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Good comments Cherry.
Lets keep the forum freindly.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
rawws

Post by rawws »

Daveion wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:17 am Its hard to believe that Tesco free chargers can bring about such animosity.
It is a positive and good thing.
NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED.
Well said , i just dont get the name calling i received its not affecting anyone , i do feel some so of ting of jealousy that someone else if charging their car for free and they arent. Just because a company offer a service for free doesn't mean its negative i dont get why some struggle to understand that.

Anyway everyone is entitled to their own decisions and opinions , those that call me names and a free loader this and that well i couldn't give two hoots about it and would not call them names, I am simply sharing my EV ID3 expericence.

Blimey i thought the EV community would be all positive experiences with each other god knows what happens when everyone drives EV's lol

To reiterate my points i see it as a win win all round ,

+ i get free charge and good exercise and dont have to install an unnecessary home charger when there is one available 5-10min walk away (if the chargers weren't free i would still happily pay and use them than have a home charger, cost of home charge for my mileage is overkill as i work from home 3 days a week, i use the charger off peak hours anyway, and should circumstance change i will install a home charger ie if my mileage increases etc and i need to charge everynight etc or if i find the podpoints are now often constantly used till then this is my position ) ,

+Tesco get a loyal customer and good publicity

+ Even VW the podpoint partner get good advertising when people see my car parked there it might make them want to get one too knowing that charges are available.

+ Overall the environment benefits

If anyone disagrees with the above thats their issue not mine and fine with me there are entitled to their views and i am also entitled to mine. Call me names all you want but i wont sink low to call anyone names on this usefull forum I come in peace as a fellow ID3 owner Ev driver :D
Last edited by rawws on Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:41 am, edited 7 times in total.
ID3 Business Pro Performance 58kw
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

"Entitled" is the key word, ie. those who have a false sense of it.
rawws

Post by rawws »

Daveion wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:02 am Good comments Cherry.
Fully Agree
ID3 Business Pro Performance 58kw
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

rawws wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:19 am
Daveion wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:02 am Good comments Cherry.
Fully Agree
Spot on.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Thanks Sherlock
If people coming to the forum find posts that are personal it will discourage input; the simple questions, the smart debates, technical question and answers, a feeling of unity as owners Members will not contribute.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
Deleted User 1676

Post by Deleted User 1676 »

scott28tt wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:13 am "Entitled" is the key word, ie. those who have a false sense of it.
What is the key word when your comments are whittled down to nothing but insults?

Read the room Scott. Don’t do this.
Splash-Man

Post by Splash-Man »

Let it go.gif

2023 Facelift 77kWh Pro S Costa Azule
18/9/23 Order placed
15/12/23 Collection day count down !
Averloc

Post by Averloc »

I've only tried a couple of these free chargers - in different locations - and they both charged at 9 mph. I don't want to sound ungrateful, but..
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Voodubber wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:43 am
scott28tt wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:13 am "Entitled" is the key word, ie. those who have a false sense of it.
What is the key word when your comments are whittled down to nothing but insults?

Read the room Scott. Don’t do this.

Thanks for the advice.

I am allowed to believe in different principles to others, and to express my opinion.

The Tesco topic is done.