Defaults to driving on right

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Tabletop

Post by Tabletop »

Have had our ID3 for a week, lot’s to love about the car. Having trouble setting it to default to drive on the left under Vehicle/headlights (am UK based). Car was supplied with ‘driving in right’ selected, and would not accept selecting ‘driving on left’. In order to get it to accept driving on left, have to select driving on right (which it’s already set to), then go through the menu again and select driving on left. Switching car off causes it to return to driving on right.

Am on version 2.3

Online manual says switching from one side to other can only be temporary, and a permanen5 switch needs a visit to VW garage.

Has anyone else in UK seen this? Does your car default/remain on driving on left.

Thanks
SM

Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

Mine does the same but haven't noticed any problems with lights, I've assumed rightly otherwise wrongly that it's Volkswagen 's way of saying rhd
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Tabletop wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:26 pm Have had our ID3 for a week, lot’s to love about the car. Having trouble setting it to default to drive on the left under Vehicle/headlights (am UK based). Car was supplied with ‘driving in right’ selected, and would not accept selecting ‘driving on left’. In order to get it to accept driving on left, have to select driving on right (which it’s already set to), then go through the menu again and select driving on left. Switching car off causes it to return to driving on right.

Am on version 2.3

Online manual says switching from one side to other can only be temporary, and a permanen5 switch needs a visit to VW garage.

Has anyone else in UK seen this? Does your car default/remain on driving on left.

Thanks
SM

You'll need to get your dealer to change the default to "Drive on Left". This is a pretty commonly missed PDI step, it seems.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Tabletop

Post by Tabletop »

Thanks, will chase dealer. The main beams auto dip when coming up behind someone, but not for cars coming towards me, and I wondered if that was related to default drive on right.
Tabletop

Post by Tabletop »

So I called dealer and was told it’s a known problem, cannot currently be set to default driving on left and that I need to set this every time I drive car in dark until software update fixes it. Can’t believe I’m first to notice this. I just tried flipping between left and right and can see lights do move slightly, but cannot see full effect until it’s dark. No one else had this?
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

It varies between people it seems. Some have the problem, some do not. I've not been able to discern a pattern yet!
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

I just use the lights, the matrix automatic full beams, never been flashed so assume I can't be blinding anyone.
Tabletop

Post by Tabletop »

After flipping between left and right with lights pointing at wall, the car now accepts driving on left as default.

What doesn’t work for me is auto dip for oncoming traffic, it dips when I come up behind a car but not for oncoming.