Infortainment Swtiching Off when stepping out of vehicle

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
rawws

Post by rawws »

Quick question was there ever a way to stop this from happening besides pressing the start stop button.

Its such a bug bear when listening to radio or music and arrive at a rapid charge site get out of car for a second to plugin ccs and then go back in car and infotainment is off . surely a patch or something from VW is needed to be able to auto switch after 5min for example if i haven't returned to vehicle .
ID3 Business Pro Performance 58kw

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Not today, that's how it works.
rawws

Post by rawws »

scott28tt wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:18 pm Not today, that's how it works.
Ok thanks
Its just poor design not helped that the infotainment is not exactly fast to load up afterwards , it switches off as soon as it detects driver isnt no longer sitted.

There are aspects i love the car about and other aspects that are cons. overall i enjoy the car but cant help but think is not really a finished polished product on some things especially info tainment wise
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

It is a bit severe.. I had to lean across to get a pass out of the passenger side door cubby and it cut off as I shifted my weight, and just popping out to drop an envelope in the mail (some of us still do that) it shuts down and restarts, it's a pain a 2-3 min delay would surely be more user friendly.
rawws

Post by rawws »

G43FAN wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:22 am It is a bit severe.. I had to lean across to get a pass out of the passenger side door cubby and it cut off as I shifted my weight, and just popping out to drop an envelope in the mail (some of us still do that) it shuts down and restarts, it's a pain a 2-3 min delay would surely be more user friendly.
I agree and thats exactly my gripe too its just too sensitive hopefully a software update fixes this in future its just infuriating lol