3.0 Software Update

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
stubluebird1927

Post by stubluebird1927 »

Well I had an ID3 Life Pro Performance built in February 2022 and delivered to me 25th July 2022, and was delivered a week late due to them taking it into the workshop to get the 12v battery replaced and the software update to 2.4. So new cars made in 2022 aren't shipped with 3.0, and the 2.4 update is actually 2.3.0 but software version goes from 0910 to 0912.

Hopefully I'll receive the 3.0 update soon as well but what they really need to allow is to permanently turn off the lane correction as it dangerous on country lanes and scary when it kicks in.

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

The vast majority of cars built in 2022 do indeed seem to have been shipped with 3.0. It sounds likely you may have a car built or part-built in late 2021.
On 3.0, VW have released a bunch more information about it on the website:
https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/owners- ... e-3-0.html
There are installation instructions and it is strongly implied a given car will receive the update shortly after receiving the 2.4 update (but after at least a week for the updated car's VIN to be registered). Which is positive and obviously very different in approach from waiting several months before starting. I've got my fingers crossed.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
wr21lge

Post by wr21lge »

Thank you for that info about id software 2.4 actually being id software 2.3.0 rev 0912

We got the battery update and the prep for v3 done at the dealers and thought nothing of it.

After thus the the car stopped doing podpoint overnight scheduled charges at 7kwh and started doing them at 3.6kwh.

So i started digging and found the VW website saying id software 2.4 is a prerequisite to OTA V3.

So when i checked and saw the car reporting 2.3.0 0912 I came to the conclusion that I did not have 2.4.0

How the hell can VW make such an error in the info they put out?

Anyway podpoint now have us on a beta programme as they are having a lot of trouble with VW.

Getting back on topic then, we have no software updates yet and the dealer has no idea when it should start to become available in the uk as OTA

This is our sys info

20221020_172314.jpg

id3 Tech Pro Reg March 2021 bought 1st of November 2021 (Ex Demo)
duckworthsj

Post by duckworthsj »

It is not just a problem with Podpoint. I think there is a general issue with the latest software and home chargers. I live in France and have a 7,8kw charger supplied by Total Energy. ( could be the same hardware as others with different sticker ). For 6 months scheduled charging worked like clockwork with an average rate of 6KW and I could never understand the comments on the forum. However since June when they did an over-air update we have nothing but problems.
1) Even if you set a home charging location it forgets after a few days.
2) The rate of charge drops to 1 to 2 Kw per hour.

The only way round this is not to have a charging location nor a scheduled charge. Needles to say my Mini EV charges according to whatever schedule I program and always at 6KW / hour.

I believe VW stands for Very Worse. I am so disappointed with this car.
2)
Hers: ID3 204ch Pro Performance Denim Blue Black Roof. East Derry alloys, Pack Comfort Plus, Pack Assistance Plus.
His: Mini Cooper S-Electric 184ch ‘Yours’ (UK Level 3) Chili Red, Black Pack, Heat Reflective Windows… And lots of fun
duckworthsj

Post by duckworthsj »

It is not just a problem with Podpoint. I think there is a general issue with the latest software and home chargers. I live in France and have a 7,8kw charger supplied by Total Energy. ( could be the same hardware as others with different sticker ). For 6 months scheduled charging worked like clockwork with an average rate of 6KW and I could never understand the comments on the forum. However since June when they did an over-air update we have nothing but problems.
1) Even if you set a home charging location it forgets after a few days.
2) The rate of charge drops to 1 to 2 Kw per hour.

The only way round this is not to have a charging location nor a scheduled charge. Needles to say my Mini EV charges according to whatever schedule I program and always at 6KW / hour.

I believe VW stands for Very Worse. I am so disappointed with this car.
Hers: ID3 204ch Pro Performance Denim Blue Black Roof. East Derry alloys, Pack Comfort Plus, Pack Assistance Plus.
His: Mini Cooper S-Electric 184ch ‘Yours’ (UK Level 3) Chili Red, Black Pack, Heat Reflective Windows… And lots of fun
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

From the ID Driver's Facebook group:
"Dear All,
The ID. software 3.0 OTA wave is ready to be rolled out. If you have sent us an "I want OTA 3.0"-email, you will receive an email with more information within the next few days.
Again, we would like to thank you for your interest in the over-the-air update and for your continuous feedback.
Your Volkswagen ID. team"
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
phixion

Post by phixion »

Hello phixion,

Software updates bring new functions and improvements to your ID.
It’s easy to benefit – over-the-air!

Have you already received ID. Software 2.4 with the new 12 volt battery in the workshop? Then you’re already ready for the next big update.

The ID. Software 3.0 over-the-air update offers numerous benefits:
Battery optimisations ensure enhanced charging capacity and reduced charging times.
The new Battery Care Mode helps protect the high-voltage battery.
The optional augmented reality head-up display is enhanced with additional functions.
The reliability of voice recognition and the system’s reaction speed receive major improvements.
The navigation system offers lane-accurate route guidance on motorways.
The redesigned charging menu brings easier access to charging settings and offers faster and more intuitive information for drivers.
The ID. Light gets additional functions such as additional signals for traffic hazard alerts and parking space search.
…and much more.

Your ID. infotainment system will show you when the ID. Software 3.0 is ready for you to install. As our updates are built up on each other, please install the over-the-air update ID. Software 3.0 to prepare your ID. for further updates.
Please note that software versions cannot be reset.

We’ve put together all the key information on installation for you:
at the link below, you’ll find more details on the update and installation process, frequently-asked questions and answers, and step-by-step video guides to installation and the new functions.

Read more →

Important note on mobile online services
To get ID. Software 3.0 and use the new functions and improvements, you need an active We Connect Start contract.

Find out more →

After this update, you can obtain the next generation of mobile online services if you wish. You can use them by activating the We Connect and We Connect Plus1 services in the In-Car Shop after the over-the-air update. They include additional functions, such as the new Online POI Search for the navigation system and the option to check the current vehicle status via the We Connect ID. app. The data volume for their use is covered by Volkswagen.

Many of the improvements are based on feedback and requests from our customers.
Thank you!

Enjoy the ride with your ID.

Your Volkswagen ID. team
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS | Glacier White Metallic Flat Black | 19" Andoya Black Alloy Wheels | BP Pulse Home Charger
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

I've now had the same email. Nothing new but hopefully it means the car will get the update imminently! :)
phixion

Post by phixion »

sidehaas wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:42 am I've now had the same email. Nothing new but hopefully it means the car will get the update imminently! :)
Yeah I noticed it was from the vw.de email.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS | Glacier White Metallic Flat Black | 19" Andoya Black Alloy Wheels | BP Pulse Home Charger
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Had you signed up for the first 1000 lottery or whatever it was on FB?
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

G43FAN wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:41 pm Had you signed up for the first 1000 lottery or whatever it was on FB?
Yes. They've now said that rather than just 1000, everyone who emailed them (3800 or something) should be getting it (the implication is very soon but we'll see.)
Edit, sorry, I've just seen something that contradicts this - I think it's just 1000 who have received the email.
Last edited by sidehaas on Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

sidehaas wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:08 pm
G43FAN wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:41 pm Had you signed up for the first 1000 lottery or whatever it was on FB?
Yes. They've now said that rather than just 1000, everyone who emailed them (3800 or something) should be getting it (the implication is very soon but we'll see.)
Ahh thanks, I didn't bother mailing, thought I'd wait this time, so I won't hold my breath.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

With perfect timing, after getting the update email yesterday my car also lost connection status (common fault for many people, but it's never happened before in ten months for us). It's still down this morning. Argh.
Rasib

Post by Rasib »

I have received the email regarding 3.0 OTA yesterday but no update in the car yet. Anyone else got the update?
150kw Life Pro Performance l Glacier white
Vw order number: 314000**
Ordered on 11/01/2022
Delivered end of March 2022
7.4kw/h Ohme charger

☆☆Octopus referral☆☆
https://share.octopus.energy/soft-pup-288
TimF

Post by TimF »

sidehaas wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:05 am With perfect timing, after getting the update email yesterday my car also lost connection status (common fault for many people, but it's never happened before in ten months for us). It's still down this morning. Argh.
Could the server be overloaded by cars trying to do an OTA update to 3.0? A sort of self-inflicted DDOS?
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

TimF wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:37 am
sidehaas wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:05 am With perfect timing, after getting the update email yesterday my car also lost connection status (common fault for many people, but it's never happened before in ten months for us). It's still down this morning. Argh.
Could the server be overloaded by cars trying to do an OTA update to 3.0? A sort of self-inflicted DDOS?
As far as I know the 'Look for update' routine in the car is still as it was from factory, so any update will be initiated only when all the planets align and you get git by lightning whilst doing exactly 88mph.

The car's poll for updates based on a specific day of the week and time, so you have to have an element of luck as to whether it 'sees' the update. Pretty sure that is not changed even by 2.4 which was more of a series of firmware uddates than a proper software update.
smyth1492

Post by smyth1492 »

I’ve got a couple of long drives next weekend so hoping that is enough for the car to find and download the update
ID.3 Family Pro (May 22), Grey / East Derry alloys. Software 3.2. (2.4 dealer / 3.0 OTA / 3.1 dealer / 3.2 OTA).
PodPoint Solo charger / Car linked to Tronity for stats
smuj

Post by smuj »

Not if your update day is Wednesday :lol:
Smuj

I’m an analogue man in a digital world
———————————————————————————————————
Family Pro Performance 58KW. Stonewashed Blue, East Derry wheels.
G4XUR

Post by G4XUR »

Is there a look up table to show VIN numbers against day of the week the vehicle will look for an update? I have a feeling that my OTA updates have all commenced on Tuesdays.
smuj

Post by smuj »

I don’t believe so, it’s pot luck. I believe some owners never managed to get v2.3 OTA so not a good sign. I didn’t bother taking up VW’s offer. Thought I’d wait to see how it goes as I’m happy with the car as is. If I don’t get v3.x then I won’t lose any sleep.
Smuj

I’m an analogue man in a digital world
———————————————————————————————————
Family Pro Performance 58KW. Stonewashed Blue, East Derry wheels.