3.0 Software Update

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
SinglePointSafety

Post by SinglePointSafety »

Not even had the email for 2.3 yet - contacted VW a few weeks ago, got the standard 'thanks but be patient' reply.....
id3 Max 2021

id73

Post by id73 »

What improvements/ new features should we expect to see on 3.0?
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

id73 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:28 am What improvements/ new features should we expect to see on 3.0?

Nothing confirmed yet, just speculation.
Splitty

Post by Splitty »

I think people are linking the delivery date of the ID5 which is March to the deployment of 3.0. The two don't have to be tightly linked, so we might get 3.0 before March (or we might get it later), but as there will be a new 12V battery involved it may well be sooner than March to give the dealers time to set everything up.
JohnDavid

Post by JohnDavid »

Got version 3 last week. Just two weeks after 2.3! Perhaps you need the 2.3 before you can get 3?
Has some automated parking functions and improvements to navigation and route planning which I've not yet tried.
Has also, and noticeably reduced latency between functions.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

JohnDavid wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:37 am Got version 3 last week. Just two weeks after 2.3! Perhaps you need the 2.3 before you can get 3?
Has some automated parking functions and improvements to navigation and route planning which I've not yet tried.

Would very much like to see photos and build numbers of this if at all possible.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Utumno wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:40 am
JohnDavid wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:37 am Got version 3 last week. Just two weeks after 2.3! Perhaps you need the 2.3 before you can get 3?

Would very much like to see photos and build numbers of this if at all possible.
And an explanation as to what was done in the 2.4 recall which I thought was a pre-requisite of version 3.0 which hasn't even had rollout announced yet?
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

3.x hasn’t be rolled out anywhere yet. It certainly won’t happen until new batteries and controller updates go in via workshop.
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

From Auto motor und sport.de—>
“It's almost exactly 14 days ago that Volkswagen proudly presented the latest update of the much-maligned ID software. The ID.Software 3.0 is intended to make all existing ID vehicles better. The range of services includes optimization of voice control, improved charging capacity (77 kWh battery with up to max. 135 kW output), a revised e-route planner for the navigation system, a new tile for the charging menu on the top operating level and new displays for the head up display with augmented reality technology. Available from the second quarter of 2022 via over-the-air (OTA) update for all already shipped ID models. Because the amount of data is so large, the roll-out will take place in two packages, with the installation of the first data package taking around 7.5 hours, according to Volkswagen, and the second package then taking a good 4.5 hours. Newly produced vehicles now get the ID.Software 3.0 directly from the factory. Overall, the biggest software update that Volkswagen has ever launched via an over-the-air update. The problem: it's not that simple.
Because before that, as Volkswagen confirmed when asked by auto-motor-und-sport.de, all VW ID.3 and ID.4 have to go back to the workshop as part of a voluntary service campaign. According to Volkswagen , that's 200,000 vehicles whose owners will probably be written to from Easter. The unscheduled workshop visit serves to bring the existing fleet to the most uniform software status possible. "We have found that there are currently still many vehicles with very different software versions on the road," confirmed a VW spokesman when asked by auto-motor-und-sport.de. That's why the ID.3and ID.4 installed the ID.Software 2.4 at the retailer , without which the over-the-air update (OTA) to version 3.0 is not possible. In addition, all vehicles will then have a new 12-volt battery installed free of charge. This new, so-called "EFB+" battery is significantly more cycle-resistant and is better able to cope with the large energy requirements of an electric car. To put it simply: The originally installed 12-volt battery might not have made the time-consuming OTA update to ID.Software 3.0.
According to Volkswagen, the visit to the workshop will take around a day. A replacement vehicle will be made available to the drivers for the duration. CONCLUSION

Initial user experiences with the new version show that VW is on the right track with ID.Software 3.0. The service campaign that has now been announced for all of the around 200,000 ID.3 and ID.4 that have already been delivered shows how rocky the road was up to that point. VW is learning what smartphone manufacturers have known for a long time: customers do not automatically go along with every update. Some ID.3 and ID.4 with ID.Software 2.0 are still on the road. The Wolfsburg-based company is simply too tricky to have all the update steps up to version 3.0 done over-the-air. Quite apart from the fact that many of the 12-volt batteries would not have been able to cope with the long updates anyway”
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

"We have found that there are currently still many vehicles with very different software versions on the road," confirmed a VW spokesman when asked by auto-motor-und-sport.de. That's why the ID.3and ID.4 installed the ID.Software 2.4 at the retailer , without which the over-the-air update (OTA) to version 3.0 is not possible.
I suspect the OP just had 2.3 Part 2 installed, not 3.0.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
morrishey

Post by morrishey »

OB1CCFC wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:45 am From Auto motor und sport.de—> "We have found that there are currently still many vehicles with very different software versions on the road," confirmed a VW spokesman when asked by auto-motor-und-sport.de.
Maybe because of the half-arsed way that VW do their OTA updates? Who’d have thought that users wouldn’t know what the hell was going on when the car starts flashing random errors at them months after receiving an email about getting an update.
Family Pro Performance. Stonewashed Blue, East Derry alloys.
Ordered 16/9/21
Delivered 31/3/22
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

morrishey wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:40 am
OB1CCFC wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:45 am From Auto motor und sport.de—> "We have found that there are currently still many vehicles with very different software versions on the road," confirmed a VW spokesman when asked by auto-motor-und-sport.de.
Maybe because of the half-arsed way that VW do their OTA updates? Who’d have thought that users wouldn’t know what the hell was going on when the car starts flashing random errors at them months after receiving an email about getting an update.
Hush your keyboard - "Volkswagen is forging ahead with its transformation to a software-oriented mobility provider – and is becoming an expert in software integration and over-the-air updates. "

I make no apologies for posting that yet again. I still read it and sit back in disbelief that VW can put out a statement like that. VW software updates are like waiting for the next months edition of ZX Spectrum magazine so you can find the error corrections to the code you and your mate spent 3 days typing in only to find it wouldn't compile.
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

The last OTA experience was quite mind boggling. How VW management let that garbled, opaque mess go out to thousands of actual customers was beyond belief.
I already know for 3.0 I’ll be driving up to under a 4G mast and parking it for a whole day, and maybe 2 days by the sound of it (I’ll walk the 30 minutes home).
That’s how much confidence I have in the VW software ‘experts’ !
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

OB1CCFC wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:24 am The last OTA experience was quite mind boggling. How VW management let that garbled, opaque mess go out to thousands of actual customers was beyond belief.
I already know for 3.0 I’ll be driving up to under a 4G mast and parking it for a whole day, and maybe 2 days by the sound of it (I’ll walk the 30 minutes home).
That’s how much confidence I have in the VW software ‘experts’ !
I have exactly the opinions and concerns. In fact If I could, I'd have the thing plugged into my router via RJ45 for a week. Last time it was a terrible experience.
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

Is anybody getting letters about the 2.4/battery change from the dealer they bought their car from yet?

Ours was a pre-registered car with a handful of miles on it bought from a main dealer so technically we’re not first owner, so if others who bought brand new are getting letters I’m wondering if we need to contact them as they won’t contact us 🤷🏻‍♂️
SOLD: Cupra Born V3 eBoost / Silver / Beats / Panoramic / Tech L / Cargo
Previous: ID.3 Max / 2.4 / Stonewashed Blue / Andoya Wheels
Pod Point Solo / Octopus Go Faster
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Not here.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Not here.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Leccy wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:46 am Is anybody getting letters about the 2.4/battery change from the dealer they bought their car from yet?

Ours was a pre-registered car with a handful of miles on it bought from a main dealer so technically we’re not first owner, so if others who bought brand new are getting letters I’m wondering if we need to contact them as they won’t contact us 🤷🏻‍♂️
The 2.4 rollout has been delayed/postponed due to software issues and there has been no announcement as to when it will commence.

edit: Link to info on the postponment I haven't seen an official VW release -- viewtopic.php?t=2102
Last edited by G43FAN on Thu May 19, 2022 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

Ah, thanks @G43FAN. Really surprised to hear that 😆
SOLD: Cupra Born V3 eBoost / Silver / Beats / Panoramic / Tech L / Cargo
Previous: ID.3 Max / 2.4 / Stonewashed Blue / Andoya Wheels
Pod Point Solo / Octopus Go Faster
Busman

Post by Busman »

G43FAN wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:01 am
Leccy wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:46 am Is anybody getting letters about the 2.4/battery change from the dealer they bought their car from yet?

The 2.4 rollout has been delayed/postponed due to software issues and there has been no announcement as to when it will commence.

edit: Link to info on the postponment I haven't seen an official VW release -- viewtopic.php?t=2102
Good afternoon, Today I collected my new ID.3 Comfort 58KWH 145 BHP East Derry wheels with air stop tyres from the dealership in Ireland.To my surprise it has 3.0 software in it.
👌👌👌