The most curious thing happened

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Well if you read the Facepalm posts on all the ills of the ID.3 it is curious anyway.

This weekend saw very heavy use of the car, including a roundtrip on Friday to the West Country (290 miles) and two football games in the frozen North (Barnet and Hendon) on Saturday and Sunday, seeing 70 and 50 mile round trips respectively, taking me over 5,000 miles since getting the car on 16 July. And the curious thing - there were no issues. None. The car drove marvelously, everything was relaxing, no faults, no nothing. All chargers worked (despite some queuing at Beaconsfield), I got to try the emergency brake when reversing (it works - a child had run behind the car while I reversed).

As for mileage, it was a pretty solid 3.5mi/kWh on a trip that included lengthy motorway and A-road at 70/60 miles, with some sporty driving, heating, seat heating, passengers, light, airplay and charging, and lowish temperatures, down to 8 degrees. So real-life range around 270 miles in not ideal weather. The Guessometer indicated that driving a mix of local and Blackwall Tunnel Approach at 50/40 mph would get me about 315 miles, which isn't bad at all.

Of course not anywhere near what it accomplished on the trip to Italy and in Italy at 35 degrees C, but I can't complain really.

The car is now happily charging overnight on a Source London charger, taking advantage of the cut-off after four hours, as it was down to 19%.

All is good.

All the best

Andreas

80444752-62FC-4B5E-9DF3-C4B7540207CC_4_5005_c.jpeg

——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)

AndersG

Post by AndersG »

270mi is 434km for us metrics :) Not bad. I assume that the 8 degrees were C and not F or K :) We had -7.3C here and first snow last night, but we just drive short distances normally.
BeesKnees

Post by BeesKnees »

What I find most amazing is that someone on this forum was at the same Barnet football match as me,
Life Pro with tow hook Stonewashed Blue
Ordered July , provisional build week 40/41, now 43. Confirmed 45
Order No 3136****
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

I doubt that, unless your daughter was also having a mud-fest at Old Elizabethans cricket ground. :)

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
BeesKnees

Post by BeesKnees »

Fair enough,
Knew it was outside normal realms of probability.

Hope she won.
Life Pro with tow hook Stonewashed Blue
Ordered July , provisional build week 40/41, now 43. Confirmed 45
Order No 3136****
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

BeesKnees wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:31 pm Fair enough,
Knew it was outside normal realms of probability.

Hope she won.
They did, had a good weekend with her team.

All the best

Andreas
——————