I've not received V2.3 second part of update

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
stevelar

Post by stevelar »

I received the first part of the VW ID-3 V2.3 update (91CA_27) and installed it weeks ago (the part with all the driver assist warnings), but I have never received the second part of V2.3 (91CA_29). My software version still says 0792 in System Information (which is V2.1; I think).

I watched a video on You Tube about V2.3 this morning that shows software version 0910 displayed after the second part of V23 is successfully installed:

[media] ( [/media]

I am wondering whether I haven't received the second part because my car only does lots of short journeys of less than 5 miles? The aforementioned video says that the software is only downloaded when the car is being driven. Hence with a 6GB software update file to download over 4G, that's going to take a very long time if my car is only downloading when driving!

Currently the System Information > Updates screen shows nothing as being downloaded. I did agree to the OTA updates back in October and agreed once again by re-clicking the "Agree" link in the email this morning.

Do you have any suggestions to get around this to get the car to start downloading V2.3 part 2, short of doing longer journeys?! Thanks.
2021 ID-3 Style 58kW Pro Performance 204PS, East Derry Alloys, Heat Pump in Glacier White Metallic

Kryten

Post by Kryten »

I was the same, got first part then nothing for days. Tried driving to strong signal area a few times, no joy. I'd almost given up, then one day I got in the car and it said update available to install. Did that and all was good. There is no logic to it!
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

It doesn't need to be a long journey for the car to recognise that the download is available, mine offered it to me within about 5 minutes of starting a drive.

Once it has started, you can "interrupt" it by stopping the car and it will just continue downloading again (from where it left off) the next time.

The only tip I can offer is to wait a couple of minutes after getting in the car before you press the brake to "wake" it up fully.
westste

Post by westste »

mine seemed very slow for part 2 so i accepted the email from vw again and it appeared the next day - maybe a conicidence?
Southwellpeter

Post by Southwellpeter »

To get it to install you need to wait a minute before starting the car with the brake and make sure the lights are off too.
Life Pro-Performance, Stonewashed Blue, East Derry Alloys, 58KWh battery. Pod Point Home charger
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Southwellpeter wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:17 pm To get it to install you need to wait a minute before starting the car with the brake and make sure the lights are off too.
Oh if only it were that simple.. It also needs to be the mystery day of the week your car looks for the updates (whoever came up with that was clearly trolling the devs but it got through)
I thought the lights needed to be turned off for install not for the download, most of my journeys are in the dark at this time of year!

VW have Now stated to me you need Full 4G coverage or it won't download, they also instructed me to take the car to the nearest town with good coverage and leave it parked overnight? (not really sure on that one)
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

G43FAN wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:53 pm
Southwellpeter wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:17 pm To get it to install you need to wait a minute before starting the car with the brake and make sure the lights are off too.
Oh if only it were that simple.. It also needs to be the mystery day of the week your car looks for the updates (whoever came up with that was clearly trolling the devs but it got through)
I thought the lights needed to be turned off for install not for the download, most of my journeys are in the dark at this time of year!

VW have Now stated to me you need Full 4G coverage or it won't download, they also instructed me to take the car to the nearest town with good coverage and leave it parked overnight? (not really sure on that one)
...and dont forget the rolled up sleeve and trouser leg on alternate sides.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Daveion wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:39 pm
G43FAN wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:53 pm

...and dont forget the rolled up sleeve and trouser leg on alternate sides.

It’s pretending that your name is Keith is the essential step.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

I’m now 5/6 weeks since part 1 installed and still waiting for part 2! Use the car most days. Tried reaccepting the invite. Always have 2 or more bars of 4G here.

No idea what’s going on!
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

You could try long pressing the square “menu” button on the left (or right) see if there’s anything there to install?
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Anduain wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:13 pm You could try long pressing the square “menu” button on the left (or right) see if there’s anything there to install?
That doesn’t do anything I’m afraid.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

The latest instalment in my emails to IDdirect.. after 1 week waiting for a response from the 'Technical' team I have received the same instructions they sent out on the 3rd November telling me the car's 'Server' has downloaded the update and it needs to be started from the Goodbye screen.. it's beyond pathetic now, we were looking at replacing my wife's Golf but it won't be another VW after this debacle.
Deleted User 314

They sound useless, will they not let you take it in?
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

MotMot wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:37 am
Anduain wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:13 pm You could try long pressing the square “menu” button on the left (or right) see if there’s anything there to install?
That doesn’t do anything I’m afraid.
An update on the update. This did show a 'start update' button. That I pressed and not alot happened. I've left it to its own devices for a bit!
Deleted User 314

Yeh, did the same to me. It was just worth a shot, sorry :(
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Anduain wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:23 pm Yeh, did the same to me. It was just worth a shot, sorry :(
:D
stevelar

Post by stevelar »

Thanks guys. Sorry to hear there are others with my problem.

I re-accepted the OTA update button in VW's email yesterday, so will wait and see. I think I only have one bar of 4G here, but my phone works on 4G all over the house so the signal can't be bad. The SOS button in the roof of the car always shows a green light.

Will try the brake pedal tip on the off-chance I get lucky.
2021 ID-3 Style 58kW Pro Performance 204PS, East Derry Alloys, Heat Pump in Glacier White Metallic
Deleted User 314

in between 1 bar and 0 bars here, it worked eventually.