Price increases.

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

The online configurator was working fine when I looked earlier today.

Moog

Post by Moog »

astro-L wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:26 pm Just a small comment here. To be honest, when I buy a car, a super sound system is nowhere in my priorities list. I look for comfort, convenience and facilities to drive, and the car's efficiency. I am most unlikely to ever switch on the car's sound system unless I have to wait for someone. Maybe I'm the odd one out?

Lawrence H
On the otherhand, my 14 & 12-yr-old daughters were rather miffed to find the 1st Ed I hired for a week didn’t have speakers in the rear. We have ordered with infotainment-plus to get a sound system that matches our Golf!
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (204ps/58kWh) in Makena Turquoise, 19” Andoya, Sport pack, Infotainment+, heat-pump, bi-colour silver, Bike Hitch.
Ordered 15 Nov 21 (wk46/21)
Finally built wk9/23 & collected wk16!
17 months + 2days!
DickieBoy

Post by DickieBoy »

Looks like they have kept the Family Pro Performance just under the £35k mark at 34,995. With the Pro at 33,995.
Family Pro owner (Sept 22)
DickieBoy

Post by DickieBoy »

Life Pro starting at £32,200 so only £1,795 between the Life and Family Pro models. Previously it was a £2,655 difference.
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

£39500 for the Max! £42k for the spec I’ve ordered. Feels expensive at that price.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
SunithM

Post by SunithM »

Same for the Max spec I've ordered too, works out to around £42k as well. Can't see any real differences aside from the interior
ID.3 Max Pro Performance in Manganese Grey
Ordered 19-Jul-2021
Order no 31384xxx
Cancelled 15-Feb-2022 with car stuck in limbo
Cherry

Post by Cherry »

As suspected DTD have reported incorrect prices. Family Pro is clearly wrong.
The difference between Pro and Pro Performance is dropping as is Life to Family.
9 Sep 21 Ordered ID.3 Family Pro, Stonewashed Blue & East Derry
13 Sep 21 PCP approved. VW No: 3131xxxx
24 Sep 21 Temp build wk43, conf' 46
22 Nov 21 Conf' build wk 49
10 Jan 22 Code 38 Awaiting ship-release (wk48 build)
01 March preferred collection
Chivers

Post by Chivers »

And I see that after about 5 months VW GB are even catching up with other European countries because they are now offering... RED CARS!

And more interesting seat fabrics!

Maybe they will soon be able to offer a fault diagnosis in less than two weeks to owners in Kent!
ID.3 Family 150kw, built 11/2020.
v2.4 in Apr. 2023. . .
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

andrewparker wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:32 am £39500 for the Max! £42k for the spec I’ve ordered. Feels expensive at that price.
It is. That's the trouble with the ID3 range - the trims that fit under the grant threshold look far better value than those that don't.

Between the deposit contribution, grant and discount out of the dealership's own margin, I got my Family for about 22% off RRP.

That 22%.was made up of 5% deposit contribution, 7% grant and 10% from the dealer. When you're not getting g a grant or deposit contribution (because it's been pulled), all you've got left is what the dealer is prepared to give you from their margin, which in the current situation of high demand and low supply, is only about 6%.

The Family Spec looks by far the best value in the range right now, due to it being oriced to slot just under the threshold.

IMO, the extras on a max come at too high a price due to losing that grant.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Chivers wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:13 am Maybe they will soon be able to offer a fault diagnosis in less than two weeks to owners in Kent!
Less VW, more franchised dealers.
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:18 am
andrewparker wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:32 am £39500 for the Max! £42k for the spec I’ve ordered. Feels expensive at that price.
The Family Spec looks by far the best value in the range right now, due to it being oriced to slot just under the threshold.

If you want the options that the Max has as standard though, and have to finance the car, the monthlies will be greatly effected by having nearly 5k of options on a Family.
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Quite. When I was weighing up financing and model selection earlier in the year the PCP prices coming back were basically a extra £20 a month for the Max vs the Family, all other things being equal, because of the stronger GFV on the Max.

For a cash-style buyer the Family is by far the strongest value but pay for it over PCP and the gap narrows.

Whichever way you spin it though, the Tour is pricey, but if you need the extra range, you need the extra range 🤷‍♂️
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Malcster

Post by Malcster »

Does the government grant apply if options take it over the 35 k threshold??
I specced a family with infotainment pack and assistance plus pack with alloys and metallic paint
Family pro
Derry alloys
Infotainment plus
Stonewashed
Order no 3150@@@@
Order date 17/10/2021
Build date
Delivery date
Cherry

Post by Cherry »

Malcster wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:32 pm Does the government grant apply if options take it over the 35 k threshold??
I specced a family with infotainment pack and assistance plus pack with alloys and metallic paint
Yes, you still get the grant.
9 Sep 21 Ordered ID.3 Family Pro, Stonewashed Blue & East Derry
13 Sep 21 PCP approved. VW No: 3131xxxx
24 Sep 21 Temp build wk43, conf' 46
22 Nov 21 Conf' build wk 49
10 Jan 22 Code 38 Awaiting ship-release (wk48 build)
01 March preferred collection
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

andrewparker wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:04 pm

If you want the options that the Max has as standard though, and have to finance the car, the monthlies will be greatly effected by having nearly 5k of options on a Family.
Maybe I'm a bit tight! For me though, paying £40k for a modestly discounted Max with a few more toys vs a Family Pro Performance with optional alloys and netallic paint that can be had for £31310 (DTD), I'd forego those extra toys, the gap is just too big. Appreciate that for some on PCP where you're effectively financing the depreciation plus interest, so only covering zbout half the price gap, but even so I value performance over a few unnecessary toys, and the Max offers no additional performance.

As long as I have Aircon, auto lights (LED all round), auto wipers, auto dimming rear view mirror, remote central locking, multifunction steering wheel, parking sensors decent alloys I'm mot really bothered about paying out for options, especially not £5k's worth.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Malcster wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:32 pm Does the government grant apply if options take it over the 35 k threshold??

Depends whether the options affect the drive performance of the car, I believe.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:06 pm
andrewparker wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:04 pm

Maybe I'm a bit tight! For me though, paying £40k for a modestly discounted Max with a few more toys vs a Family Pro Performance with optional alloys and netallic paint that can be had for £31310 (DTD), I'd forego those extra toys, the gap is just too big. Appreciate that for some on PCP where you're effectively financing the depreciation plus interest, so only covering zbout half the price gap, but even so I value performance over a few unnecessary toys, and the Max offers no additional performance.

As long as I have Aircon, auto lights (LED all round), auto wipers, auto dimming rear view mirror, remote central locking, multifunction steering wheel, parking sensors decent alloys I'm mot really bothered about paying out for options, especially not £5k's worth.

I don’t think “tightness” has anything to do with it 😀There’s a wide, wide range of parameters that you’ve perfectly sensibly pointed out for individual choice and use case on top of the pure financial 😀
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
DickieBoy

Post by DickieBoy »

I hope VW didn't put too much thought into the changes as it looks like the grant has just changed. Wonder if they will redo them again.
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Yeah, basically none of them are eligible. £32k limit and just £1500 grant.
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
DickieBoy

Post by DickieBoy »

Actually that's all of the current models over the grant as the Life Pro seems to be the lowest spec and it starts at £32,200 with the cut off now £32k and reduced to £1.5k discount.