Price increases.

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

DickieBoy wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:31 am I hope VW didn't put too much thought into the changes as it looks like the grant has just changed. Wonder if they will redo them again.
Has it? To what?

mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/latest ... ia-changed
The Plug-in Car Grant (PiCG), which had given consumers 35% off the purchase price of an EV up to a maximum of £2,500, has been cut by £1,000 to £1,500.

The eligibility criteria for the plug-in car grant has also changed. Cars with a recommended retail price (RRP) of £35,000 or less had been eligible, but that has now been reduced by £3,000 to £32,000 or less.
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

Just as a reminder, the grant typically applies to the base price, not the packages. So before the price rises in the UK that's

Under 32k
---
Life Pure - 29580
Life Pro - 30880

Over 32k
---
Pro performance - 32200
Family Pro - 33600
Family Pro Performance - 34920
Max - 37690
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

mediaguy wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:51 am Just as a reminder, the grant typically applies to the base price, not the packages. So before the price rises in the UK that's

Under 32k
---
Life Pure - 29580
Life Pro - 30880

Over 32k
---
Pro performance - 32200
Family Pro - 33600
Max - 37690
They're not the current prices though. And they don't do the Pure anymore.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
DickieBoy

Post by DickieBoy »

mediaguy wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:51 am Just as a reminder, the grant typically applies to the base price, not the packages. So before the price rises in the UK that's

Under 32k
---
Life Pure - 29580
Life Pro - 30880

Over 32k
---
Pro performance - 32200
Family Pro - 33600
Max - 37690
There is talk of adding it onto a system. Is that done at the order stage by the dealers or is it done at the completion date? If completion then I wonder what VW will do as they will have plenty of orders which they have sold on having a £2.5k discount that no longer fit the criteria.
Family Pro owner (Sept 22)
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

mediaguy wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:46 am https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/latest ... ia-changed
The Plug-in Car Grant (PiCG), which had given consumers 35% off the purchase price of an EV up to a maximum of £2,500, has been cut by £1,000 to £1,500.

The eligibility criteria for the plug-in car grant has also changed. Cars with a recommended retail price (RRP) of £35,000 or less had been eligible, but that has now been reduced by £3,000 to £32,000 or less.
Where did that come from? I just Googled this:

https://www.gov.uk/plug-in-car-van-grants

What am I missing here?
DickieBoy

Post by DickieBoy »

Scratch wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:14 am
mediaguy wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:46 am https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/latest ... ia-changed

Where did that come from? I just Googled this:

https://www.gov.uk/plug-in-car-van-grants

What am I missing here?
Well either fleet news are looking for clicks or everyone else is yet to catch up with the overnight update.
Family Pro owner (Sept 22)
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

Here's the government announcement

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/gove ... ric-future
They're not the current prices though.
I realise that, but viewing the current prices are easy, they're on the website. 95% of people on the order spreadsheet purchased before December and might want to see if they hit under the new 32k mark.

This obviously presumed that VW are mean and don't match the offers on the paperwork.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

I spoke to my dealer about the prospect of this when ordering and they assured me my exchange price was secured regardless of any changes in the grant. It's also the price on the contract I signed so I hope I'm clear ok on this.
The fleetnews article above says that ozev said "It says that it will allow dealers or vehicle manufacturers to claim for any orders that were placed by customers in the seven consecutive days before the grant rate change which were not logged on the portal. This means that any orders placed by customers between 12.01am on December 8 and 11.59pm on December 14, before the grants rate changed that had not yet been logged on the portal, will be paid at previous rates and eligibility criteria."
Unless Govt have a funny definition of when a customer order is 'placed' then that would seem like good news because it implies the changes only apply to new orders from today forward. However, I can't see anywhere on gov.uk that says the above myself, only the fleetnews article.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Sanya

Post by Sanya »

When I placed my order back in a October and spoke with the salesperson about a possible change to the picg, they couldn’t guarantee I wouldn’t be impacted by any changes to the grant due to the way it is administered. Watch this space.
Family Pro Performance | Glacier White | Sanya 20” alloys | Delivered March 2022
3rd time EV owner | BMWi Pure wall box.
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

I spoke to my dealer about the prospect of this when ordering and they assured me my exchange price was secured regardless of any changes in the grant. It's also the price on the contract I signed so I hope I'm clear ok on this.
I'm pretty sure that people here said, when the grant went down last time, that the contribution went up to cover the grant changes.

I'm sceptical that the price is guaranteed, but I am hopeful. There's a big difference between losing £1000 (life) per car and £2500 (family) per car and an order is not a sale. I'm not obliged to buy the car (less the deposit) so I don't see why the dealer wouldn't be obliged to pass any external costs on (but I personally think they will not).
duncsand

Post by duncsand »

I’ve just had written confirmation from my dealer that my order is not affected by the grant changes - only new orders placed from today are affected.

I ordered 27th September a Family Pro Performance through DTD. Order number 31482xxx - happy to be added to the tracker spreadsheet.
---
id.3 Family Pro Performance.
Ordered September 2021, build week 25, confirmed built 1st July, collected from dealer 20th July.
duncsand

Post by duncsand »

I’ve also had written confirmation from DTD that orders are authorised for the grant when they are placed, so existing orders aren’t affected by today’s change.
---
id.3 Family Pro Performance.
Ordered September 2021, build week 25, confirmed built 1st July, collected from dealer 20th July.
Cooksp

Post by Cooksp »

Also spoke to my dealer and only affects cars ordered today going forward - but well done UK PLC for giving plenty of notice ....
ID.3 Family Pro 58kWh Pro S 204PS in Makena Blue
received 29/12/21
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

duncsand wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:34 pm I’ve also had written confirmation from DTD that orders are authorised for the grant when they are placed, so existing orders aren’t affected by today’s change.
That's great. I wonder if that makes a difference to anyone's "I'll just ask if I can amend my order to add [x]" questions.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Cooksp wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:16 pm Also spoke to my dealer and only affects cars ordered today going forward - but well done UK PLC for giving plenty of notice ....

They won’t ever give any notice, because that just causes a rush of orders and therefore costs uk.gov money.

When you order a vehicle that vehicle is added onto the OZEV portal. Your existing grants are safe, everyone.

PS am having a bit of a :lol: at the timing - immediately after VW put its pricing up on 1-Dec. I’d stake good coin that someone in the DfT is testing the market to see how quickly manufacturers game their pricing under the grant floor 😂
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

mediaguy wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:17 pm
duncsand wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:34 pm I’ve also had written confirmation from DTD that orders are authorised for the grant when they are placed, so existing orders aren’t affected by today’s change.
That's great. I wonder if that makes a difference to anyone's "I'll just ask if I can amend my order to add [x]" questions.

Not unless the order number changes or the option would affect the grant anyway (eg battery/motor change)
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203