ionity and VW

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
itsjon

Post by itsjon »

Utumno wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:42 pm The more miles you do away from home, the more these subscription prices make sense. For regular home chargers doing regular miles without long trips, the subscription often doesn’t add up.
Sure !.....

Its just a bit of a shame that chargers more or less designed for the ID.3 are going to cost £70+ more than the competition.
If you filter out Ionity on zap map whilst setting the charge speed to 100+ you still get good coverage at the same charge price without the £70 annual subscription.

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Not sure if you've missed this. As per the VW link Scott gave, if you buy a new ID3 you are able to get a free year's subscription to we charge go (or a year's subscription to the more expensive version for a reduced rate.) We charge go reduces the kWh price from 69p to 45p, which is now comparable with the competition (I saw Instavolt just went up to that exact price). So it seems reasonable to take up the first year's free wecharge go membership even if you don't live near any of them (personally the only Ionity I would envisage using when I get my car would be the ones in Blackburn, and they've been down for months but I'll probably still sign up.)
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

itsjon wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:08 pm
Utumno wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:42 pm The more miles you do away from home, the more these subscription prices make sense. For regular home chargers doing regular miles without long trips, the subscription often doesn’t add up.
Sure !.....

Its just a bit of a shame that chargers more or less designed for the ID.3 are going to cost £70+ more than the competition.
If you filter out Ionity on zap map whilst setting the charge speed to 100+ you still get good coverage at the same charge price without the £70 annual subscription.

Yup. Once there’s enough supply, the market will speak. Unfortunately there’s not enough rapid supply yet so pricing is all over the place. It’ll settle down, I believe.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
itsjon

Post by itsjon »

thanks for all the reply's .... If the years subscription with the car applies to us when we receive the car.. its starting to make more sense now.

Odd that VW sales people don't tell you about this at the point of sale.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

sidehaas wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:19 pm Not sure if you've missed this. As per the VW link Scott gave, if you buy a new ID3 you are able to get a free year's subscription to we charge go (or a year's subscription to the more expensive version for a reduced rate.) We charge go reduces the kWh price from 69p to 45p, which is now comparable with the competition (I saw Instavolt just went up to that exact price). So it seems reasonable to take up the first year's free wecharge go membership even if you don't live near any of them (personally the only Ionity I would envisage using when I get my car would be the ones in Blackburn, and they've been down for months but I'll probably still sign up.)
Do you know if the free year has to start on , or around, the date you get the car? I see in the terms and conditions, that the offer applies until June 22, does that mean you can start the offer year any time before that?