Stored location disappeared

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
LongMynd

Post by LongMynd »

I had one stored location with which I struggled to set timed charges before my PodPoint was fitted. Now that I have the PodPoint I am not using the home stored setting, but I notice that today it has disappeared.
Has anyone else found their stored locations disappear?
Charles.
ID.3 Tour with heat-pump

G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

I think most people have no stored locations as this seems to be what causes issues with charging.
That said, yes people have reported losing the locations and (I think) them mysteriously re-appearing.
LongMynd

Post by LongMynd »

Thanks.
Charles.
ID.3 Tour with heat-pump
ProstetnicVogonJeltz

Post by ProstetnicVogonJeltz »

I've not been able to set a stored location. I go through the process and give it a memorable name, but when I complete, there is no list of locations and nothng to be edited.
Bill Manhire’s not getting any younger.
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

No, the locations storing/usability/reliability is a bit pants, so don't rely on it or use it.

Control everything from your charger if you can (we can't).
Id3 frustration

Post by Id3 frustration »

My stored location used to dissappear occasionally, maybe once every three months or so but since the 2.4 update it is far far worse. It dissappears constantly within hours or sometimes minutes. I thought that 2.4 was supposed to remedy all of the timed charging issues not make them infinitely worse.
SteveJ180

Post by SteveJ180 »

I had been using the stored location quite successfully to set preferred charging times, but since the 2.4 upgrade this week the stored locations just get erased each time you lock the car, so that's completely broken and I've no way of scheduling charging. I can't believe VW have actually broken a feature that worked (for me). 🤷🏻‍♂️
ID.3 Life Pro | 58kW | Moonstone Grey | since September 2021
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

I’m not entirely sure this is a car thing vs. A back-end VW thing.

So many “offline” situations suggest to me the problem isn’t with the car (in this instance)
f080421

Post by f080421 »

Id3 frustration wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:43 pm My stored location used to dissappear occasionally, maybe once every three months or so but since the 2.4 update it is far far worse. It dissappears constantly within hours or sometimes minutes. I thought that 2.4 was supposed to remedy all of the timed charging issues not make them infinitely worse.
Same here.

In 2.3 the saved charging location used to disappear once in a while (not a big problem), but now after 2.4 update the charging location seems to disappear each time the infotainment reboots. So it doesn't really save it at all.

Let's hope that 3.0 will fix this.
Last edited by f080421 on Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
f080421

Post by f080421 »

SteveJ180 wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:06 pm I had been using the stored location quite successfully to set preferred charging times, but since the 2.4 upgrade this week the stored locations just get erased each time you lock the car, so that's completely broken and I've no way of scheduling charging. I can't believe VW have actually broken a feature that worked (for me). 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yes, it used to work pretty reliably. However, I'm kinda relieved to know I'm not alone with this particular issue and this is not happening because of a failed 2.4 update or something :)
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

The storing of locations has always been an issue and in many cases it was the cause of charging failures. General advice has always been not to store any location detail on the car's infotainment system. The fix for this was never promised with 2.4 and although it was implied it would be fixed in 3.0 the evidence is so far that it is still an issue.
eyedeethree

Post by eyedeethree »

My car has a stored location, my home, which I thought would be the right thing to do. However, if I plug in to this stored location, it completely ignores the instruction to charge to just 80%. I've looked at the online Manual (very slow) and can find no reason for this - On the car though I seem to remember something about the charger settings are ignored at Stored Charger Locations. Any ideas?
O/no 31540***
O/Date 6th Nov 2021
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

eyedeethree wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:50 pm My car has a stored location, my home, which I thought would be the right thing to do. However, if I plug in to this stored location, it completely ignores the instruction to charge to just 80%. I've looked at the online Manual (very slow) and can find no reason for this - On the car though I seem to remember something about the charger settings are ignored at Stored Charger Locations. Any ideas?
Which software version are you on?
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
duckworthsj

Post by duckworthsj »

eyedeethree wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:50 pm My car has a stored location, my home, which I thought would be the right thing to do. However, if I plug in to this stored location, it completely ignores the instruction to charge to just 80%. I've looked at the online Manual (very slow) and can find no reason for this - On the car though I seem to remember something about the charger settings are ignored at Stored Charger Locations. Any ideas?
Check that 'your stored location' is still there in the infotainment system. As others have mentioned at various places on the Forum, this is a constant problem, and the advice is not to set a location.
This to me is a major issue with VW, but they seem unable to fix it.

Ours had worked perfectly for 3 months since we got the car, and also to set preferred 'off-peak' charge times BUT since around March this year it stopped working. It looks like VW did an 'over-air' update and since then it is a nightmare. Software updates 2.3 to 2.4 to 3.0 don't seem to fix it.
Sometimes it loses the location after 24 hours, sometimes after a few days... It tees me off, because our other EV works perfectly every time.
Hers: ID3 204ch Pro Performance Denim Blue Black Roof. East Derry alloys, Pack Comfort Plus, Pack Assistance Plus.
His: Mini Cooper S-Electric 184ch ‘Yours’ (UK Level 3) Chili Red, Black Pack, Heat Reflective Windows… And lots of fun
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

duckworthsj wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:00 pm
Check that 'your stored location' is still there in the infotainment system. As others have mentioned at various places on the Forum, this is a constant problem, and the advice is not to set a location.
This to me is a major issue with VW, but they seem unable to fix it.

Ours had worked perfectly for 3 months since we got the car, and also to set preferred 'off-peak' charge times BUT since around March this year it stopped working. It looks like VW did an 'over-air' update and since then it is a nightmare. Software updates 2.3 to 2.4 to 3.0 don't seem to fix it.
Sometimes it loses the location after 24 hours, sometimes after a few days... It tees me off, because our other EV works perfectly every time.
It is fixed in 3.0.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
duckworthsj

Post by duckworthsj »

[/quote]
It is fixed in 3.0.
[/quote]
Good news..Thanks. I hope everyone who has 3.0 can now enjoy the car. I just have to persuade the garage to install 3.0.
Hers: ID3 204ch Pro Performance Denim Blue Black Roof. East Derry alloys, Pack Comfort Plus, Pack Assistance Plus.
His: Mini Cooper S-Electric 184ch ‘Yours’ (UK Level 3) Chili Red, Black Pack, Heat Reflective Windows… And lots of fun
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

duckworthsj wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:35 pm
It is fixed in 3.0.
[/quote]
Good news..Thanks. I hope everyone who has 3.0 can now enjoy the car. I just have to persuade the garage to install 3.0.
[/quote]

As far as I am aware, the only way to get your garage to install 3.0 is to attempt to do it over the air, but have it fail and brick your car. There are people to whom that happened that got their cars trucked to the dealer and had the update installed there. There is no intent I have heard of to offer a general 3.0 update programme at the dealer. You need to look out for the over the air update.
eyedeethree

Post by eyedeethree »

sidehaas wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:39 pm
Version says 3.2
O/no 31540***
O/Date 6th Nov 2021
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

eyedeethree wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:47 pm
Version says 3.2
Ok. It should all work fine then. Check you have set the 80% limit specifically in the menu for that charging location, not just the charge limit in the main charging menu - if the location specific setting is at 90 or 100% then it will override the main limit when the car is in that location.
eyedeethree

Post by eyedeethree »

sidehaas wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:50 pm
eyedeethree wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:47 pm
Version says 3.2
Ok. It should all work fine then. Check you have set the 80% limit specifically in the menu for that charging location, not just the charge limit in the main charging menu - if the location specific setting is at 90 or 100% then it will override the main limit when the car is in that location.
Yes that was it, I needed to change the charging for that specified location and it works fine thanks. Still having issues with it constantly telling me it has new settings - accept or cancel - If I accept it reverts things like reversing mirror dip and interior light colour back to original settings but from searches it appears a general problem.
O/no 31540***
O/Date 6th Nov 2021