Sitting in the car

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Warminster id

Post by Warminster id »

Hi everyone,
I hope we are all enjoying our cars in this chilly weather, still a joy to drive for me.
I’m currently sat in my car on my break as I do every day and noticed my consumption is showing 5.2 kWh/h temp is 0’ and I haven’t turned the ignition on so I guess just sitting in the car activates the battery warm up.? If so will this happen if I sit in the passenger seat or rear seats? ( I could check that last bit on my next break sorry)
Regards David
Life pro performance grey/steels standard car

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

I am David. We have our first heavy frost here in Essex but missed the snowy stuff over the weekend seen in many parts not too far North of us. Going to give the pre heating a proper test before we pop out out later.
5.2kW/hr is a chunck so I can see why you might sit on the passenger side to mitigate it or at least try.
Bet Scott will know if it gets around it!
Even 15mins will take 1kW+
There will growing threads about range reduction to come.
The threads are understanably busy with delivery posts from members who are waiting for cars at the moment.
Enjoy your break.
Dave
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
Warminster id

Post by Warminster id »

My break is only 30 mins and just finished a 10 hour shift ☹️. It’s now 4’ and back to the usual 0.3.
A nice relaxing 21 mile drive home now with classic FM for company 🙂
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Warminster id wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:00 am Hi everyone,
I hope we are all enjoying our cars in this chilly weather, still a joy to drive for me.
I’m currently sat in my car on my break as I do every day and noticed my consumption is showing 5.2 kWh/h temp is 0’ and I haven’t turned the ignition on so I guess just sitting in the car activates the battery warm up.? If so will this happen if I sit in the passenger seat or rear seats? ( I could check that last bit on my next break sorry)
Regards David
Do you not like your colleagues? Couldn't think of anything worse than sat in my car on a lunch break and eating a packed lunch (no-one eats in the car).
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Warminster id

Post by Warminster id »

No packed lunch for me just coffee and a banana, gives me a chance to chill out for a bit and use my phone ( not allowed in the warehouse)