Rapid Chargers v Ac charging

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

rawws wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:24 pm
MotMot wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:51 am
rawws wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:13 pm Ok, yeah I think I will be switching EVs more that I did ice cars due to the battery uncertainty.So I don't think I will have the id3 for more than 4 years will probably switch to another brand new EV by then there should be more competitive selection makes etc than today.
I think EV switching will be 'quicker' and at a higher frequency as the market is still very new. Quite big changes are made every year in the size/model/capacity/features of new EV's. Not just the battery tech/range - charging rates, even model size (as EV's don't cover all categories at the moment) etc.. etc.. Given VW's slightly stingy 3 year warranty on everything other than the battery - I'm planning to change before then.
Agree i think 3 year mark might be time to change to another not just due to battery but due to newer EVs likely to have longer range better tech etc. the vw infotainment compared to a tesla or polestar is light years behind , i got id3 ev as it was the best bang for the buck of all evs mid 2021 for the range and size. and i think more competition is coming. over the next couple of years or so.
Still love the id3 though for what it is
I agree - I have my ID3 on a 3 year lease for exactly these reasons.