Voice control activates itself

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
ProstetnicVogonJeltz

Post by ProstetnicVogonJeltz »

The last few weeks I've had the voice control system pop up a dozen times to ask me what I want to do. Unfortunately it doesn't respond well to what I often tell it and I have to wait for it to slink off and die somewhere.

If it was once or twice I might put it down to slippery fingers on the wheel, but this is too often for chance. It didn't happen at all until quite recently. Anyone else seen this?
Bill Manhire’s not getting any younger.

Abadgermac

Post by Abadgermac »

Happens to me too. There is a setting somewhere in the infotainment system to stop it from listening and butting in. Then if you want to use it, short press the voice control button on the steering wheel.
ID.3 1st Edition, Manganese Grey Metallic. 2.1 Software update 7 April 2021. 2.3 OTA Software update 2 August 2021. Dealer installed 2.4 update & battery 29 July 2022. 3.0 OTA update 21 December 2022. 3.2 Dealer installed October 2023.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Turn off the wake/activation word in Settings, then it only listens if you press the steering wheel button.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

ProstetnicVogonJeltz wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:56 pm The last few weeks I've had the voice control system pop up a dozen times to ask me what I want to do. Unfortunately it doesn't respond well to what I often tell it and I have to wait for it to slink off and die somewhere.

If it was once or twice I might put it down to slippery fingers on the wheel, but this is too often for chance. It didn't happen at all until quite recently. Anyone else seen this?
The car is haunted! :twisted: