Kings Red now a colour option on VW website

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Slathe

Post by Slathe »

If I changed my order to that would I stay in the same build week (49) or would it change?

epicwinningmaz

Post by epicwinningmaz »

Slathe wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:38 pm If I changed my order to that would I stay in the same build week (49) or would it change?
As long as your build week hasn't been confirmed, it's okay. Check with your VW dealer
ID.3 Max Pro Performance Makena Turquoise

Week 34 - Stage 1 Order Complete
Week 35 - Stage 2 With the Factory
Week 38 - Stage 3 Build Week Scheduled for Wk22/2022
??? - Stage 4 Build Week Confirmed
??? - Stage 5 In Transit
morrishey

Post by morrishey »

Slathe wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:38 pm If I changed my order to that would I stay in the same build week (49) or would it change?
I asked my dealer about this a couple of weeks ago when the new colour was rumoured. They told me that it could be changed, but that my delivery date would slip from January to something more like June.
Family Pro Performance. Stonewashed Blue, East Derry alloys.
Ordered 16/9/21
Delivered 31/3/22
epicwinningmaz

Post by epicwinningmaz »

Interestingly, “Memory function for Park Assist Plus” appears under the Assistance Plus package

??? - Stage 5 In Transit
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

Anyone else noticed certain option packs have disappeared? We ordered the drivers assistance pack plus, with the rear camera, illuminated handles etc. it’s gone completely from the order tool
Life Pro 58KW
Makena Turquoise, Andoya wheels, assitance +
Ordered 04/08/21
Order no - 31420***
VW Cardiff
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

You might go to the back of the queue, I doubt anybody here would know better than your specific circumstances/question than your dealer.
Last edited by Deleted User 192 on Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

I've made colour changes to VWs I've ordered before and my understanding is that the lead time is unaffected as long as your build week isn't confirmed.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

Tom_1985 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:27 am Anyone else noticed certain option packs have disappeared? We ordered the drivers assistance pack plus, with the rear camera, illuminated handles etc. it’s gone completely from the order tool
It's concerning me too. It seems you can't have the electric seats in family (as before), but you also can't have assistance plus in Life now.

As the options are still available in other countries (such as Austria), I'm going to presume they will creep back in as they are all built in the same factory.
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
DickieBoy

Post by DickieBoy »

mediaguy wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:07 am
Tom_1985 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:27 am Anyone else noticed certain option packs have disappeared? We ordered the drivers assistance pack plus, with the rear camera, illuminated handles etc. it’s gone completely from the order tool
It's concerning me too. It seems you can't have the electric seats in family (as before), but you also can't have assistance plus in Life now.

As the options are still available in other countries (such as Austria), I'm going to presume they will creep back in as they are all built in the same factory.
Wonder if they have changed what's included as standard or even possible to include based on the new price points. If you have ordered a spec I doubt that they can give you less than what you ordered. We ordered not long ago and the dealer said normally you would have a bit of time to change the spec etc but because of the price change any changes had to be done before today.
Family Pro owner (Sept 22)
epicwinningmaz

Post by epicwinningmaz »

There's nothing to suggest the electric seats exist anymore. Style Plus interior package doesn't mention them 🤦🏽‍♂️

??? - Stage 5 In Transit
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

epicwinningmaz wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:38 am There's nothing to suggest the electric seats exist anymore. Style Plus interior package doesn't mention them 🤦🏽‍♂️
The Austrian configurator does for the same pack name - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1504
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

It's as I expected - the configurator is (and always has been) just plain wrong ... which means that you had to turn to the brochure for chapter-and-verse. Which now doesn't exist.

I have no idea how VW expect anyone to order their model and trim confidently.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

epicwinningmaz wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:38 am There's nothing to suggest the electric seats exist anymore. Style Plus interior package doesn't mention them 🤦🏽‍♂️
I can't see anything in the older brochures that references them either, so might well be a non-issue
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

The older brochures specify electric, massage seats in the detail of the pricing of the pack.

That said I also think it’s a non-issue, but people should know what they’re getting when they’re ordering a vehicle!
Tesla Model Y Long Range

sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Utumno wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:06 pm The older brochures specify electric, massage seats in the detail of the pricing of the pack.

That said I also think it’s a non-issue, but people should know what they’re getting when they’re ordering a vehicle!
Not electric, as noted. I don't think it has ever said that.

image_2021-12-01_152151.png

andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

sausageroll wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:22 pm
Utumno wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:06 pm The older brochures specify electric, massage seats in the detail of the pricing of the pack.

This is from the last brochure that was available online...

VW up! GTI / Tungsten
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

sausageroll wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:22 pm

It has, but in the actual pricing area rather than the marketing puff further up the pdf.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Thanks @andrewparker for the screenshot 😀
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Gwyver

Post by Gwyver »

I realise this sounds crazy but I wouldn't place too much reliance on what is stated in the pack pricing details.

The June 2021 brochure pack details stated that the Family edition had a sliding & opening panoramic sunroof. Needless to say that the panoramic sunroof doesn't (and never has been) opening or sliding.

I suspect the VW UK folk who decide on the features in this market just copy & paste some of the brochure details which seem similar from other models and then don't bother to proof-read / fact-check their statements.
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Gwyver wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:17 pm

I realise this sounds crazy but I wouldn't place too much reliance on what is stated in the pack pricing details.

The June 2021 brochure pack details stated that the Family edition had a sliding & opening panoramic sunroof. Needless to say that the panoramic sunroof doesn't (and never has been) opening or sliding.

I suspect the VW UK folk who decide on the features in this market just copy & paste some of the brochure details which seem similar from other models and then don't bother to proof-read / fact-check their statements.
That might be so, but the Max and Tour do have electric seats. They would have to have removed them from the spec, because all those built so far have them.
VW up! GTI / Tungsten