Setting departure time 04.30

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Lond_ID3

Post by Lond_ID3 »

Thanks - that makes a lot of sense

Have a PodPoint charger and getting timed charging to work was a bit fiddly so might have to set the charger window 00.30 to 7.15 and not let battery run down to need more than 4 hours of charge…. Shouldn’t be a big problem

I know some posts have said 20% drop in range winter but my Miles/KWH have gone from about 4 in summer to 1.5 on short trips at under 5 degrees - with only intermittent heating - so I think it’s time for me to stop obsessing about efficiency and just enjoy a toasty warm car with heated seats and steering and wonder how I ever lived without….

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Lond_ID3 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:38 pm I think it’s time for me to stop obsessing about efficiency and just enjoy a toasty warm car with heated seats and steering and wonder how I ever lived without….

This is the way. I well remember my sisters freezing to (metaphorical) death in my Dad's old gen1 Leaf because he was trying to eke out maximum range for literally no reason except he'd got obsessed with efficiency and moaning about public charging infrastructure.

He bought a Model 3 to replace it, hasn't frozen the family since, and is far happier not stressing about hypermiling every last kWh.

Let it go 😀
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Lond_ID3 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:38 pm Thanks - that makes a lot of sense

Have a PodPoint charger and getting timed charging to work was a bit fiddly so might have to set the charger window 00.30 to 7.15 and not let battery run down to need more than 4 hours of charge…. Shouldn’t be a big problem

I know some posts have said 20% drop in range winter but my Miles/KWH have gone from about 4 in summer to 1.5 on short trips at under 5 degrees - with only intermittent heating - so I think it’s time for me to stop obsessing about efficiency and just enjoy a toasty warm car with heated seats and steering and wonder how I ever lived without….
It's something that most of seem to do after a while but 1.5 miles/kW does seem a bit low.
I am using the pod point solo but just hit the start button on the app to preheat the car 15 to 20 mins before I set off. Maybe that would help your consumption.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Lond_ID3 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:38 pm I think it’s time for me to stop obsessing about efficiency and just enjoy a toasty warm car with heated seats and steering and wonder how I ever lived without….

Unless you need the range for a longer journey, absolutely.

I'm happy to lose a few % to pre-heat the cabin (and clear the windscreen) on a typical day - the only time I charge outside of my off-peak window is if I want to set off at 100% with a pre-heated cabin.