Media player

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
smuj

Post by smuj »

Picked the car up this morning and very pleased with it. Been spending some time going through everything and so far June question.

I’ve put all my music onto a USB stick. Most of it is in a folder structure as much of it is in compilation by genre. However, when I came to play it all I could see was a single list of all the tracks and no folder structure. Couldn’t see any option to play tracks from within folders so just thought I’d ask if there’s any way to do this. Did a search and someone else asked the same question but it wasn’t answered.

MTIA
Smuj

I’m an analogue man in a digital world
———————————————————————————————————
Family Pro Performance 58KW. Stonewashed Blue, East Derry wheels.

Smitten

Post by Smitten »

smuj wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:58 pm Picked the car up this morning and very pleased with it. Been spending some time going through everything and so far June question.

I’ve put all my music onto a USB stick. Most of it is in a folder structure as much of it is in compilation by genre. However, when I came to play it all I could see was a single list of all the tracks and no folder structure. Couldn’t see any option to play tracks from within folders so just thought I’d ask if there’s any way to do this. Did a search and someone else asked the same question but it wasn’t answered.

MTIA
I used to do similar but moved to Spotify in 2017 under the influence of my son who thought my tech needed updating...

"Dad, nobody buy's music now...you rent it by the track" :lol:

Maybe that's the answer and everyone else has already moved on?
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

smuj wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:58 pm Picked the car up this morning and very pleased with it. Been spending some time going through everything and so far June question.

MTIA
I use a USB stick and my music displays in artist/album/track format in the media player. Is that what you want?
From memory all I did was copy the music from the music folder on my computer to the USB stick and connected the USB stick in the car.
smuj

Post by smuj »

That won’t work in this case. The folders are tracks taken from numerous cd’s and sorted into folders by genre. There could be a couple of hundred tracks in some folders. Worked perfectly well in my previous VW’s but looking like it won’t work this time. Took me ages to put it together. Bummer.
Smuj

chrisfs

Post by chrisfs »

Hey smuj, identical spec - are you sure you haven’t got my car? 😉

Just joking, thanks to the magic spreadsheet I know your order was comfortably ahead of mine, at least it’s a sign of forward movement that some cars are appearing.

Enjoy it! I look forward to hearing your impressions once you have had it a while.

Chris
smuj

Post by smuj »

chrisfs wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:46 pm Hey smuj, identical spec - are you sure you haven’t got my car? 😉

Just joking, thanks to the magic spreadsheet I know your order was comfortably ahead of mine, at least it’s a sign of forward movement that some cars are appearing.

Enjoy it! I look forward to hearing your impressions once you have had it a while.

Chris
Thanks, only covered 15 miles so far but have about a 100 mile round trip tomorrow so I’ll give it a good try out then.
Smuj

smuj

Post by smuj »

Figured it out. Just kept hitting the back arrow top left in infotainment screen in my media and it took me to the standard folder structure. Whoopee.
Smuj

mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

Hi Smuj,
MP3 files have (ironically for here) ID3 metadata. You can use an app - https://community.mp3tag.de/t/how-to-ta ... name/10406 - that will tag your MP3 files based on your current folder structure.
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
smuj

Post by smuj »

mediaguy wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:16 pm Hi Smuj,
MP3 files have (ironically for here) ID3 metadata. You can use an app - https://community.mp3tag.de/t/how-to-ta ... name/10406 - that will tag your MP3 files based on your current folder structure.
Hi mediaplayer. Thanks for the info. Not something I’ve been aware of but I’ll look into it as it sounds like something I’d be interested in.
Smuj

Mark V

Post by Mark V »

I can't even 'see' the USB stick - just says 'no files found'. I have it connected via an adaptor in the central console - anyone any idea what I am doing wrong?

Many aspects of this car do seem to offer challenges and require 'working through' to get anywhere.
2022 (22 plate) Pure performance 150PS - Moonstone Grey (cancelled order), standard spec.
Now Sold!!
Up the jumper

Post by Up the jumper »

Mark V wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:27 am I can't even 'see' the USB stick - just says 'no files found'. I have it connected via an adaptor in the central console - anyone any idea what I am doing wrong?

Many aspects of this car do seem to offer challenges and require 'working through' to get anywhere.
I had a few issues with a USB memory stick. I found any sort of adapter causes a problem, but a directly connected usb-c connection works fine. So I suspect it doesn't like your adapter.
Id3 Family Pro 58kwh, moonstone ordered 23/7/21 Picked up 4/3/22
Gloucestershire.
Mark V

Post by Mark V »

Ah OK many thanks for that - I guess this is an id.3 thing as I had it working fine in my Arteon with USB-C - will order a dedicated USB-C stick and see if that works!
2022 (22 plate) Pure performance 150PS - Moonstone Grey (cancelled order), standard spec.
Now Sold!!