2.3 software update

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
simonmaskell

Post by simonmaskell »

Getting frustrated. Am I the only uk customer not yet received 2.3 despite following all the tips and. Tricks?

Booked in next Monday let’s hope that supplies clarity

StuartT

Post by StuartT »

No, you're not alone!
I've had the car since August and I'm just waiting patiently for it to arrive whilst trying to remain zen. It'll arrive when it arrives and, tbh, the car is behaving itself.
Glacier white, Life Pro. August 2021
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

What is it booked in for?

There's a guide from VW in the Facebook group they run:

And an unofficial one in the UK group on Facebook:
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

You're certainly not alone, but for info. I accepted in the email on 1st October, after 6 weeks (as it stated it could take up to 6 weeks) I started emailing iddirect email address. At this point I had been ensuring before every journey I sat and waited for the Nav to show green lines (as shown in the BatteryLife You tube vid). I'd been driving to areas with excellent 4g every day I could. I followed every bit of advice on here and Fb and You tube.
For 4 weeks of emails with I carried on doing the above and anything they suggested, which was pretty much the same. Eventually Weconnect (iddirect) admitted defeat and sent the case to my preferred Service partner and the car was booked in for this Wednesday.

Saturday night, I had to pick my son up from a night out with his Hockey team.. So late on Saturday I jumped in the car, didn't wait for start up, as it was already booked in to dealers, drove a couple of miles down an unpopulated unclassified road with barely any mobile signal and as I pulled into the car park at the destination to pick up my son.. Part 1 was available.. Part 2 seemed to be mid download this morning.
Lauriec

Post by Lauriec »

Hi, I’m sure subject flogged to death, but just my latest from VW . I accidentally reset system. ,” Pleased be informed retiring your system to factory settings and thus de enrolling resets the consent email. Any subsequent re enrollmentl leads to the fact that the vehicle can receive over the air updates, but only for future updates. Unfortunately there is no way to determine when future campaigns will be released and thus until then we hope for your patience. Have a pleasant and safe journey etc etc !
So car nearly a year old but accidentally touching reset dumps you out of the whole system. Why can’t it be like apple updates ask are you sure you want to reset a couple of times in bold.
I guess they are learning as they go along. Apart from this had a great year with the car 😀
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Ok - so this explains something. I did a reset whilst (still) waiting for part 2 of 2.3.

Does this mean I’m never going to get it?
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Most likely, yes. At least you’ll need to opt in again.

Why, who knows. Everyone else manages to do software updates without GDPR hullabaloo.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Fairly sure I’ve opted in again since… oh well done it again just in case etc etc
Lauriec

Post by Lauriec »

Hi, yes the feedback mail said once you’ve opted out ,hard luck you have to wait until the next campaign ( whenever that is) asked my local vw garage all they offered was we know no more than you about the delivery programme. Thank goodness 2.3 is about lights improvements etc, if it was to about significant safety issues how would they manage. Had the car a year survived without update, probably move it on before it’s sorted.
Deleted User 192

Lauriec wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:54 pm Hi, yes the feedback mail said once you’ve opted out ,hard luck you have to wait until the next campaign ( whenever that is) asked my local vw garage all they offered was we know no more than you about the delivery programme. Thank goodness 2.3 is about lights improvements etc, if it was to about significant safety issues how would they manage. Had the car a year survived without update, probably move it on before it’s sorted.

2.3 will be a pre-req for 2.4, which in turn will be a pre-req for 3.0

No idea how VW will handle those cars which haven’t made it to 2.3
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

I had this response today. Which seems out of kilter with already having had 2.3 part 1. Oh well…

As we further checked in our tools, your vehicle has not been assigned to the campaign yet. Thus, it is not possible to determine in advance for which time-frame your ID.3 will be assigned.

Therefore, we kindly ask for your patience as the OTA will be applied in all the vehicles based on the system rollout. Your ID.3 will inform you in the main screen of the infotainment system by means of a pop-up notification as soon as the update is ready for installation.

We hope for your understanding and would like to thank you for your patience on the matter”
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

I replied - and had a response:

“ We apologize for any confusion created.

Please follow the below mentioned troubleshooting steps:
Go to your vehicle then open the door.
Wait for approximately 60 seconds before switching on the ignition (which is done by applying the brake pedal or pressing the start button under the steering wheel) then ignition on.
Drive the vehicle out of the garage for 2-3km and drive back in garage.
Park the vehicle with a good reception.
Please try once again, if the installation update is available to your vehicle on the 'Goodbye screen'.
We hope the above will rectify the issue.”

Perhaps they’ve done somehtibg to trigger the update… we’ll see.
Deleted User 192

MotMot wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:17 pm I replied - and had a response:

“ We apologize for any confusion created.

Please follow the below mentioned troubleshooting steps:
Go to your vehicle then open the door.
Wait for approximately 60 seconds before switching on the ignition (which is done by applying the brake pedal or pressing the start button under the steering wheel) then ignition on.
Drive the vehicle out of the garage for 2-3km and drive back in garage.
Park the vehicle with a good reception.
Please try once again, if the installation update is available to your vehicle on the 'Goodbye screen'.
We hope the above will rectify the issue.”

Perhaps they’ve done somehtibg to trigger the update… we’ll see.

That sounds like the generic 2.3 tips they also published on the ID. Drivers Club group they run on Facebook.
hungerdunger

Post by hungerdunger »

MotMot wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:27 pm I had this response today. Which seems out of kilter with already having had 2.3 part 1. Oh well…

As we further checked in our tools, your vehicle has not been assigned to the campaign yet. Thus, it is not possible to determine in advance for which time-frame your ID.3 will be assigned.

Therefore, we kindly ask for your patience as the OTA will be applied in all the vehicles based on the system rollout. Your ID.3 will inform you in the main screen of the infotainment system by means of a pop-up notification as soon as the update is ready for installation.

We hope for your understanding and would like to thank you for your patience on the matter”
I had exactly the same response a few days ago. As an early adopter (I bought the car exactly one year ago) I was hoping I might get slightly preferential treatment, but obviously it doesn't work that way.

Let us know if you followed the subsequent instructions they sent you and whether they worked. Did you remember to carry your lucky rabbit's foot with you, as this is probably as likely to make the download start as any of the other advice.
ID.3 1st Edition - Manganese Grey - purchased 15/12/20.
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Will do. Friday was my update day before so I’ll give it until then before getting back to them.

Seems I shouldn’t have done the factory reset a couple of weeks after getting part 1 🤷‍♂️