ID.3 1st software update

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Alsaceid3 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:16 am Received message that update available, but instructed to turn off side lights before this can happen.
Can anyone enlighten me as to which lights they are referring to, and how to turn them off please?

I presume you have seen the top row of buttons on the control panel to the left of the steering wheel…

BD70

Post by BD70 »

Had 2.3 part 1 on October 18 and then nothing until January 3 when part 2 downloaded and installed today. Downloaded with no more than 2 bars of 4G.
So 12 weeks between part 1 and 2 so there is still hope for those still waiting.
12 weeks of waiting for over a minute before each start up, glad that's over!
Alsaceid3

Post by Alsaceid3 »

Mmmm... yes, thanks, I have seen those buttons to the left of the steering wheel, but this did not alter the message that I got to turn off the side lights. However, I have found that by going to the system information page, and simply pressing update, I did not get this sidelight message, and was able to start, and finish, the update. I live in a valley where there is practically no phone network, so when I do try to get an update, I go and park somewhere with 4 bars if possible, leave the car to its own devices, and go for a hike. This worked this time.
davidwalton

Post by davidwalton »

Yesterday, out of the blue after badgering VW about the upgrade for several months, I received the email to provide consent to upgrade to v2.3

Consent given.

Now for the wait for the first of the 2-part download, followed by the wait for the second. Do I switch off the lights? Do I sit in the car for 1 minute or more before I 'start' it every day? Do I long-press on the Home button each day/drive? Do I wait for the drive-assist errors to show?

This is a strangely secretive black-art upgrade among a world of transparent software/app/service upgrades. Fingers crossed 🤞
71 / 2021 ID.3 Life Pro Performance, Glacier White, Andoya Wheels
Ohme Go Smart cable / Intelligent Octopus tariff- Octopus £50 bonus referral link: https://share.octopus.energy/steel-goat-168
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

davidwalton wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:07 pm Yesterday, out of the blue after badgering VW about the upgrade for several months, I received the email to provide consent to upgrade to v2.3

Consent given.

Now for the wait for the first of the 2-part download, followed by the wait for the second. Do I switch off the lights? Do I sit in the car for 1 minute or more before I 'start' it every day? Do I long-press on the Home button each day/drive? Do I wait for the drive-assist errors to show?

This is a strangely secretive black-art upgrade among a world of transparent software/app/service upgrades. Fingers crossed 🤞

It wasn’t out of the blue, loads of people had the email in the last 48 hours, VW said on their ID. group on Facebook that would happen this week.

The only thing you can do which influences whether your car spots the update is the part about sitting in the car for a minute or so before you pop it in drive and set off.