EV Charger Grant

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
JohnEG

Post by JohnEG »

I've had estimates from three installers and have opted for a Zappi, to be fitted mid-March.
The grant scheme for residential homes comes to an end on March 31, so the timing is fine for the grant.
But I don't have a delivery date for my iD3, only an order number and the dealer's memorandum of sale.
The installer says that for him to claim the grant, the delivery date must be no more than four months later than the charger installation date.
I'm hoping for delivery in August, but can get no confirmation at present, which would put me outside the four month window.

I've searched the internet for the government criteria for the charger grant and can find no reference to the four month stipulation.

I'm hoping that one of the wise people here can enlighten me.
Thanks.
Life Pro Performance, White/Black, East Derry Alloys.
Order No: 31558xxx 18/11/21
Delivered 14 November 22
Zappi Charger
Software 3.2.0

ItshardtobuyId3

Post by ItshardtobuyId3 »

JohnEG wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:30 am I've had estimates from three installers and have opted for a Zappi, to be fitted mid-March.
The grant scheme for residential homes comes to an end on March 31, so the timing is fine for the grant.
But I don't have a delivery date for my iD3, only an order number and the dealer's memorandum of sale.
The installer says that for him to claim the grant, the delivery date must be no more than four months later than the charger installation date.
I'm hoping for delivery in August, but can get no confirmation at present, which would put me outside the four month window.

I've searched the internet for the government criteria for the charger grant and can find no reference to the four month stipulation.

I'm hoping that one of the wise people here can enlighten me.
Thanks.
I read 4 months somewhere just before I ordered mine and deliberately asked the installer to do it early next year so it would be within 4 months for me.

Having looked since I can’t find that 4 months anywhere. I think it uses to say it on the government website for the grant but it didn’t last time I looked. It definitely said it when I signed the application with Ohme for the order. It was in the declaration for the grant. Perhaps there is a way to download the grant application form and look there but the installer normally deals with that I think.
ID3 Life Pro Performance
Glacier White
East Derry alloys
Driver Assistance pack
[traded in for]
Cupra Born V1 with Typhoon Alloys - Aurora Blue - Tech pack L
Turquoise

Post by Turquoise »

I wonder if the '4 months' has been removed because of all the vehicles delays? Can't spot it on the Gov website but it's referenced lots of other places, and in fact I put my install back from early Dec to the end of Jan because my car isn't due until the end of March.

Definitely still mentioned here:
https://myenergi.com/guides/electric-car-grants-ozev/
Family PP (Turquoise with East Derry alloys)
Ordered Oct '21 (Tusker/Marshall Fleet)
Built '22 wk33, delivered wk41

Zappi 7kW Black tethered
4.5kWp solar with 7.5kWh battery

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/sunny-sun-45
Indyfras

Post by Indyfras »

I have just been through the process and couldn't find the 4 month restriction in any of the government websites, and none of the 4 different suppliers I asked to quote mentioned the 4 month restriction. I had it installed over 4 months before I am due to get my car - so it looks as if it's not a problem.
ID.3 Max
Ordered: 20 October 2021
Ord No: 31509XXX
Delivery: est 25 April 2022 (from order)
Supposedly BW41/2022, BW47/2022, BW50/2022, BW 51/2022, Bw48/2022, BW08/2023
Confirmed BW07/2023
In UK 17 April 2023
Picked up 29 April 2023
Alanpyle

Post by Alanpyle »

A bit off topic but does the 12v battery get charged as you drive or is it only charged when you plug in?
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Alanpyle wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:20 pm A bit off topic but does the 12v battery get charged as you drive or is it only charged when you plug in?

Since the 2.1 software it is monitored on an ongoing basis, whether the car is being driven or not.

If the voltage gets too low, the system uses power from the drive battery to give the 12V a boost.
durhamlad

Post by durhamlad »

I’m due to get my Ohme charger installed in January, delivery date still in April so hopefully the grant will be available.
id.3 Family Pro Performance ordered 8/11/21, build week 17, then 23 then 40, then 45, then 50, then delivery expected in January, 2023, picked up the car on January 16th. Yay!
Order number 31316***
JohnEG

Post by JohnEG »

Thank you all for your replies.
From what you say it looks as though I may qualify.
The charger has to be fitted so I'll go ahead in March and hope the grant application is successful.
Life Pro Performance, White/Black, East Derry Alloys.
Order No: 31558xxx 18/11/21
Delivered 14 November 22
Zappi Charger
Software 3.2.0
phixion

Post by phixion »

Had a BP Pulse Home Charger installed through Motability... They have been terrible to deal with.

Found out I needed an Isolation switch installed and was told to contact my energy provider. Scottish Power said they couldn't do it, contact Western Power.

I contact Western Power and they would only come out and do it once BP paid a 200 pound invoice.

It took many months, many phone calls, me losing my rag at them twice to actually get the invoice paid.

In the end, I got Motability involved and they told me to pay the invoice myself and that they would reimburse me, which I did. A few days later Western Power came out and installed it and were paid that day by BP.

Now I'm in a fight to get my login information for the BP homecharge app. 2 months, many emails, phone calls, still no login.

BP Pulse truly are an awful company to deal with.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS | Glacier White Metallic Flat Black | 19" Andoya Black Alloy Wheels | BP Pulse Home Charger
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

It was worth buying my own charger just so I didn’t have to deal with BP Pulse. Other people have had much less trouble though!
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

I think a lot of it depends on your property and what the infrastructure is like to install a wallbox. Fortunately for me my BP Pulse charger was installed without a problem. I had the choice of running it from the home consumer unit or straight from the meter cabinet via an external small consumer unit.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
pennwald

Post by pennwald »

I'm in exactly the same position as OP and have been looking at this question too.

I've tried contacting a few providers who quote the 4 month rule but haven't got much further (waiting for replies).
The only answer I've got so far is from chargedev.co.uk - they couldn't tell me where the rule came from but would only say 'that's the way it is'.

Also tried asking OZEV directly but their response was hopeless! A 2 page auto-response giving various other mailboxes to ask the question and says that expected timescale is 20 working days. Not holding my breath!
ID.3 Life Pro
Makena Turquoise
Ordered: 11/12/21
Delivered: 30/01/23
ricko

Post by ricko »

Hi

I recently had a SyncEV installed by Smart Home Charge and asked the same question as the paperwork mentioned the 4-month requirement. Their reply was that the requirement had been dropped by the OLEV although it was still mentioned by their application form so not to worry ....

Cheers

Rick
Life Pro Performance Kings Red + heatpump
Ordered 11/10/2021 @ Inchcape
Build week 38/22
Collected 20/07/22

Intelligent Octopus referral link (£50 credit) : https://share.octopus.energy/frost-snake-180
ytshome

Post by ytshome »

My wife had an order for week 49, which has now been put back to week 16 next year and in the meantime and out of the blue I had the opportunity to buy the ID4 with a seven day lead time, which I actually took delivery of at the beginning of the month. however, when we had the charger fitted (two days after the id4 arrived) the supplier (ohme) weren't interested the id4 details and were happy to just go off the id3 order details, even though we likely won't see it until June next year.
pennwald

Post by pennwald »

To my surprise, I've just received a reply from OZEV which confirms that the 4 month delivery requirement is no longer current.

They go on to explain that:
"For vehicle eligibility, the customer should either:
• be in possession of an eligible electric vehicle... ; or
• have ordered an eligible electric vehicle. For applications where a VRN is not available, evidence that an order has been placed for a vehicle must be provided (for example, an email from manufacturer or an order form".

Whether that filters down to all providers is another matter of course!
ID.3 Life Pro
Makena Turquoise
Ordered: 11/12/21
Delivered: 30/01/23