Internal Lights at Night

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

As I sit here twiddling my thumbs and getting up to no good, I can't help but think of the ID3 on order.

At night time, I like the cabin to be really dark, is that possible to achieve in the ID3? Is it possible to dim things right down so you can snooze and the driver still see the speed and sat nav? How dark can you go?
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

You can reduce the brightness of the 2 displays, of the coloured "background" lights (above the glove box, in the doors), and of the ID. Light at the bottom of the windscreen, but you'll always have an illuminated border around each of the lights in the roof.
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

scott28tt wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:35 am but you'll always have an illuminated border around each of the lights in the roof.
Do they give you enough light to see what you are doing with your hand/finger. I understand that you'll not be able to read by them. I had a car with a couple of LEDs in the roof and you could just see what you were doing in the cabin.
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

DumfriesDik wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:52 am
scott28tt wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:35 am but you'll always have an illuminated border around each of the lights in the roof.
Do they give you enough light to see what you are doing with your hand/finger. I understand that you'll not be able to read by them. I had a car with a couple of LEDs in the roof and you could just see what you were doing in the cabin.

Yes it’s a faint light, really just to show you where to touch the lights to activate them, but some people don’t like the ones in the front as they want total darkness while driving.
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

@scott28tt cheers
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max