Traffic Lights

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Do any of the ID3 models detect traffic lights? I read somewhere that the eGolf did, possibly.

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

As in stopping for red ones?

Maybe Travel Assist does, although I thought it was more about other vehicles in front of you rather than restrictions such as a red light or stop sign…
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

scott28tt wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:40 am As in stopping for red ones?

Maybe Travel Assist does, although I thought it was more about other vehicles in front of you rather than restrictions such as a red light or stop sign…
Not necessarily stopping but just seeing them as a warning to the driver, as you get with "s" bends or junctions.
One of the reasons I like using Apple maps on my phone, is that it shows traffic lights when used as a sat nav in the car.
Deleted User 192

Scratch wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:59 am

Not necessarily stopping but just seeing them as a warning to the driver, as you get with "s" bends or junctions.
One of the reasons I like using Apple maps on my phone, is that it shows traffic lights when used as a sat nav in the car.

I don’t think I’ve seen mine doing that.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

scott28tt wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:45 pm

I will have to recheck this but I’m fairly sure the last time I used Apple maps, it showed traffic lights on my route. The car doesn’t react to them though, as far as I am aware.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

I can only recall seeing the traffic light icon on Apple Maps when there’s a traffic light camera on the junction. Totally happy to be proved wrong though, and I haven’t checked very recently!
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Deleted User 192

Scratch wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:11 pm
scott28tt wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:45 pm

I will have to recheck this but I’m fairly sure the last time I used Apple maps, it showed traffic lights on my route. The car doesn’t react to them though, as far as I am aware.

That’s Apple Maps, totally separate to what the car tells you (which is what you were asking about)