Unable to set up WeConnect app

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
fatman

Post by fatman »

hi
good news mine start working 30 minute ago.
please check yours.hopefully your all be working.let us know
Max PRO Moonstone Grey August 2021. Software v3.2 [dealership]

WillC

Post by WillC »

Picked up my ID3 yesterday and couldn’t connect. Maiden voyage from London to the midlands and now successfully logged it into the app.
Stevej999

Post by Stevej999 »

Been out to move my car this morning and thought I’d try to connect (again). Went straight through. Finally after 6 days of frustration I’ve got WeConnect up and running!
Eddcunningham

Post by Eddcunningham »

As others have reported, I finally managed to set up last night, although it still took a few attempts.
I look forward pre-warming my car this morning before heading out!
58kW Life Pro Performance, Moonstone Grey, East Derry wheels
Ordered: June 21st (wk25)
Order no: 31285xxx
Confirmed build week: wk36
Released from factory: wk47
Arrived in UK: wk48
Delivery: wk50
duckworthsj

Post by duckworthsj »

Same for me. Connected and then all the updates were installed. Still need to learn how to program the charge start time so I can best use the reduced overnight tarif.
Hers: ID3 204ch Pro Performance Denim Blue Black Roof. East Derry alloys, Pack Comfort Plus, Pack Assistance Plus.
His: Mini Cooper S-Electric 184ch ‘Yours’ (UK Level 3) Chili Red, Black Pack, Heat Reflective Windows… And lots of fun
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

duckworthsj wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:19 pm Same for me. Connected and then all the updates were installed. Still need to learn how to program the charge start time so I can best use the reduced overnight tarif.

If you’re talking about setting the in-car charge timer, don’t bother as it doesn’t work reliably.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
EVOWNER101

Post by EVOWNER101 »

Reading this thread, nothing seems to have improved since Sep 2019 when I got my EGolf. Even the communication from vw we connect support that was posted here recently, is almost exactly the same as several I received from vw we connect support all that time ago. It did sort itself out eventually, after a change of the relevant module on the car but it took several months. I vowed then that when I obtained my ID3 from vw (always the long term plan) I would not accept it until the dealership showed that everything was working. What with this and everything else that people on this site are saying is not working, looks like I might be refusing final delivery for a very long time.
Current EV: ID.3 Tour Pro S :D
Previous EV: VW EGolf (Sep2019)
Date Ordered: 01/11/2021 :(
Date Finally Delivered: 15/03/2023 :shock:
Deal Honoured: :!: :?: :|
Dealership: Herritage Gl :? :roll: but love the individual people.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

EVOWNER101 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:57 pm I vowed then that when I obtained my ID3 from vw (always the long term plan) I would not accept it until the dealership showed that everything was working. What with this and everything else that people on this site are saying is not working, looks like I might be refusing final delivery for a very long time.

My car and app were paired on collecting the car.

It has seen every software version released so far, each has been better than the previous. It’s not perfect, but getting there…
duckworthsj

Post by duckworthsj »

I think from all the posts that there was a ‘systems issue’ across most of Europe. Our car we picked up on Wednesday had same issue, also through Thursday. Friday morning it finally came to life so systems seems to work normally now.

Sometimes it takes some time to connect and update from my phone, but I think this is because of bad reception in our garage.
Hers: ID3 204ch Pro Performance Denim Blue Black Roof. East Derry alloys, Pack Comfort Plus, Pack Assistance Plus.
His: Mini Cooper S-Electric 184ch ‘Yours’ (UK Level 3) Chili Red, Black Pack, Heat Reflective Windows… And lots of fun
IJenkins

Post by IJenkins »

Had similar when picking mine up last week, went for a drive with sales person and still not connecting. While waiting for something in dealership the sales pesone went out to the car and got to the connect screen with QR code and connected. He had discovered the car had gone into offline mode in the settings