Unable to set up WeConnect app

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Eddcunningham

Post by Eddcunningham »

I picked up my new ID3 last Thursday (17/12) and whilst there, the dealer tried to set up the WeConnect ID app and was ultimately unsuccessful. We had two different salespeople attempt both on the vehicle and on the app via the VIN with no success.
They suggested trying an area with better signal (only 2 bars at the dealership), but I’ve been to multiple areas with full signal and still receive the same error message when trying to set up.
The exact error reads “Sorry, something went wrong while connecting to We Connect. Please try again later.”

31DC58C0-7C86-40D5-8D6C-A0FE720A47AC.jpeg

Software version 2.3.0 (0910):

666589EE-1113-4635-BE3F-C3CA7813C7AE.jpeg

I tried reaching out to the dealer to let them know the issue is still persisting, but the salesperson I was dealing with is now on holiday until after Christmas and they’re supposed to be getting someone to phone me “soon,” but thought I’d reach out to other owners who may have had this issue, see if there’s an easier fix!
Last edited by Eddcunningham on Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
58kW Life Pro Performance, Moonstone Grey, East Derry wheels
Ordered: June 21st (wk25)
Order no: 31285xxx
Confirmed build week: wk36
Released from factory: wk47
Arrived in UK: wk48
Delivery: wk50

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

More detail on what you see in the car and in the app would be helpful.

Keep trying at different times at different locations. I’ve read of some who deleted and reinstalled the app, others who did a factory reset on the car…
Eddcunningham

Post by Eddcunningham »

Apologies wasn’t near the car at the time of posting, initial post now corrected with additional info.
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Although I've still not got my Tour, collecting Thursday morning. I went into the dealers this morning to have a look at it after it had been through PDI and whilst I was there I connected it uo the the We Connect ID app with no problem.
Not sure if you are using Android but there was an update yesterday, might be worth checking.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
Eddcunningham

Post by Eddcunningham »

Newfie wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:53 pm Although I've still not got my Tour, collecting Thursday morning. I went into the dealers this morning to have a look at it after it had been through PDI and whilst I was there I connected it uo the the We Connect ID app with no problem.
Not sure if you are using Android but there was an update yesterday, might be worth checking.
Glad you’re finally getting yours Newfie!

The issue doesn’t seem to be on the app side, more the vehicle side. When I collected, they put it down to poor signal in the area or maybe the service being temporarily down. Tried multiple areas with differing signal strengths to no avail and it’d be surprising for the service to be down for nearly a week ☹️
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Eddcunningham wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:58 pm
Glad you’re finally getting yours Newfie!

The issue doesn’t seem to be on the app side, more the vehicle side. When I collected, they put it down to poor signal in the area or maybe the service being temporarily down. Tried multiple areas with differing signal strengths to no avail and it’d be surprising for the service to be down for nearly a week ☹️
Well with mine connecting shows the system to be working OK.
I did have maximum signal.
I guess you might need a visit to the dealer?
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Newfie wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:19 pm I guess you might need a visit to the dealer?

Unless they have some secret process, there’s nothing they can do that you can’t do yourself.
fatman

Post by fatman »

Hello, I am having the exact same issue myself, but it only started last weekend and it was fine before hand. Let me know if you get any further yourself with this and ill do the same.

Thanks!!
Max PRO Moonstone Grey August 2021. Software v3.2 [dealership]
Jonr37

Post by Jonr37 »

Have you got the WeConnect app, or WeConnectid app? There’s two versions and only the Idversion works on your id3
Eddcunningham

Post by Eddcunningham »

Jonr37 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:24 pm Have you got the WeConnect app, or WeConnectid app? There’s two versions and only the Idversion works on your id3
I have the WeConnect ID app (iOS), but trying to set up the car on this side results in the following error:

211FE7D6-D773-46AF-9AC8-EE2D3C88A2C8.jpeg

fatman

Post by fatman »

Jonr37 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:24 pm Have you got the WeConnect app, or WeConnectid app? There’s two versions and only the Idversion works on your id3
It is ID one.main problem is in car we connect.does not open for QR code
Eddcunningham

Post by Eddcunningham »

I actually just phoned the We Connect team and they confirmed that there has been an outage of the We Connect services and that is still ongoing, so this may be the cause of the issue.
They don’t have an ETA on when this could be fixed, but said to check again in a few days.

I imagine this is low priority for them, especially at this time of year and it’s not a big deal for me (although on frosty mornings like this morning, it would have been nice to pre-heat the car!).
fatman

Post by fatman »

Same here still waiting
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Speaking as somebody who ensures 24x7x365 uptime on API’s professionally, I’m yet again reminded what a bunch of clueless monkeys VW employ.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Eddcunningham

Post by Eddcunningham »

Utumno wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:23 pm Speaking as somebody who ensures 24x7x365 uptime on API’s professionally, I’m yet again reminded what a bunch of clueless monkeys VW employ.
Having a SLA of “it’ll be fixed when it’s fixed” would be sackable offence at my place!
I’m giving them the benefit of it being the Christmas period and there likely being a code freeze in affect until the new year, although this sounds more like a minor bug fix than a full on investigation, especially in a service that’s been live for quite a while now.
newb-ev

Post by newb-ev »

Just for info I registered my new car with the app today, which worked.

I did have log out and back in three time to the app, but it worked in the end.

Problems for me seemed to be at the app end. First of all it would fail immediately after I entered the VIN so Iogged off and back in then it went ok (for a bit). Then it failed during the app steps before scanning the QR code in the car. Again a log off and log back in seemed to get things moving again. Then I got a success message from the car, but it did not turn up in the app. Final log off and back in seemed to fix that.

I know this does not sound like your problem, but thought it might be useful to others
ID.3 Family Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise
Ordered: 8th July 2021
Currently Status: Picked up from dealer 22/12
fatman

Post by fatman »

vw digital support are no use........
Stevej999

Post by Stevej999 »

I’ve just got off of the phone to Digital support and I’m no further forward!
I collected the car last Saturday and the salesman couldn’t get WeConnect to accept the VIN. I tried the following day and it went through OK but the app wouldn’t connect to the car, so no functions. In frustration, yesterday, I deleted the vehicle from the app, did a factory reset on the infotainment system, deleted the app and started again. The app now won’t accept the VIN, hence the call to VW
😡😡😡
duckworthsj

Post by duckworthsj »

Having exactly the same problem here in France with my wife’s new car we collected yesterday.
The dealer also used the excuse of ‘not enough signal strength’ and it is true that the signal strength for the inbuilt SIM card needs to be strong, but seems like a wider issue.

I was waiting until this evening / tomorrow to see if it can be done via the infotainment system.

So interested to hear if anyone has fixed it.
Hers: ID3 204ch Pro Performance Denim Blue Black Roof. East Derry alloys, Pack Comfort Plus, Pack Assistance Plus.
His: Mini Cooper S-Electric 184ch ‘Yours’ (UK Level 3) Chili Red, Black Pack, Heat Reflective Windows… And lots of fun
Stevej999

Post by Stevej999 »

Just received from WeConnect support

23AE9498-A289-487D-AC2D-CE2A9978A5E3.jpeg