Octopus Go New Tariffs

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Utumno wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:31 pm
monkeyhanger wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:34 pm Got some great news today...

I got the same email as a few others have:

"we cocked up by not sending you a renewal notice and so we're leaving you on your current tariff for another year etc."

15p/5p per kWh and 24p a day standing charge. Excellent! Hope they cock up again next year.

Hi,

As with all of our cutting-edge smart tariffs, sometimes things can go a bit... wrong.

Your contract with us was recently coming up for renewal, and we were supposed to send an email notifying you of the new rates. But instead, we didn't. Sorry about that.

Your account was one of a handful affected, and nothing else other than the renewal dates was impacted.

Because we didn't notify you in advance, your rates aren’t increasing. We’ll keep them where they are for another 12 months.

Thanks for continuing to trial tariffs like Octopus Go. While there may be bumps along the way, together we’re demonstrating what the energy system of the future should be.

Love & Power,

That's great news, and I bet that's something of a relief for you and household in these times.

Wish they'd cocked up like that with me ! Though I sneaked in on a lower tariff than many on renewal (Octopus Go December 2021 v1 - Fixed term ends 13/04/2023 - 30.61p/7.5p 24.11p/day)

Given the current tariff is 34.86p/7.5p/43.12p/day 😱 I've still saved £70 this year just in standing charges alone.
It's a great relief, probably a £1100 saving vs 35p/7.5p tariff I would've been on. In 2 minds whether to fix my variable gas, now I only need my hob and hot water usage with the warmer weather, or whether there's the scope for that variable price to drop a little as UK domestic heating demand drops over the Summer.

Sticking with the ID3 - with a stroke of extreme bad luck, my new job with company car has fallen through - the company.(supplying about 8% of all wholesale Pharma products to UK pharmacies) went into administration last Tuesday, halfway through my notice period and my old job has been backfilled.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565

Griff

Post by Griff »

monkeyhanger wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 5:25 am
Sticking with the ID3 - with a stroke of extreme bad luck, my new job with company car has fallen through - the company.(supplying about 8% of all wholesale Pharma products to UK pharmacies) went into administration last Tuesday, halfway through my notice period and my old job has been backfilled.
Ouch!! That is tough. Can you cancel your notice and stay with old company? Really hope it works out for you........
:: ID.3 Life Pro :: Manganese Grey :: East Derry Alloys :: Tow Hitch ::
January 2022.
Pod Point Solo 3 Home Charger.
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Shit - sorry to hear that MonkeyHanger :( happened to a friend of mine (same thing) at the beginning of covid - he’s luckily ended up with a much better job than both, so fingers crossed.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

I can't cancel my notice, the new guy has started. I was leaving on the best possible terms though. My boss has put a business case together to keep me in a newly created role. My job was rapidly becoming a 2 person job and it was one of the reasons I was leaving - resource. My boss had been looking into it but is constrained by the tight-arse Billionaire Indian family that own the parent company and our UK subsidiary. He has a meeting with them in London next weekend so I should find out during Jubilee week if they plan to keep me. If not, the contract company we use has promised me a job, but they're pretty bad for working benefits. Just applied for 2 similar (and very well paid, compared to old job) roles so hoping to hear back on them for interviews next week. I won't be destitute, but could end up in a back up crap job until a better one comes along.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 1:14 pm I can't cancel my notice, the new guy has started. I was leaving on the best possible terms though. My boss has put a business case together to keep me in a newly created role. My job was rapidly becoming a 2 person job and it was one of the reasons I was leaving - resource. My boss had been looking into it but is constrained by the tight-arse Billionaire Indian family that own the parent company and our UK subsidiary. He has a meeting with them in London next weekend so I should find out during Jubilee week if they plan to keep me. If not, the contract company we use has promised me a job, but they're pretty bad for working benefits. Just applied for 2 similar (and very well paid, compared to old job) roles so hoping to hear back on them for interviews next week. I won't be destitute, but could end up in a back up crap job until a better one comes along.
All the best for a decent result..