Idiot questions

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
wayn0

Post by wayn0 »

Merry Xmas all.

I've just taken delivery of a new ID3 Family pro performance (?) and the handbook is pretty hopeless.
When I get out the car, I just put it in park and get out? or do I need to turn it off ?

LongMynd

Post by LongMynd »

Just put it in Park and get out seems to work pretty well for me.
As you do this, at about the time you open the door, a farewell screen appears which gives you some options, but 99% of the time you ignore these and get out.
Lock the car and walk away.
Enjoy.
Charles.
ID.3 Tour with heat-pump
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

The only idiot questions are the ones that people don't ask.

The way the iD.3 works can be different to how people have become acustomed to cars working, so it does take a bit of getting used to.
2016-2021 - Nissan Leaf Tekna 24
Sept 21-Jul 22- VW ID.3 Life Pro Moonstone
July 22 on - Cupra Born V1, Vapor grey, Tech Pack L, 19" Typhoon alloys
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

I just do as you describe. Get the goodby jingle and that's it. I used to turn things off like radio and AC for fear of draining the battery but its never been a problem. Im now 12 months in.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
rawws

Post by rawws »

Only gripe is each time you open the door and step out of car it immediately cuts of the radio and infortainment and disconnects Android auto etc , this is a gripe when you are just stepping out briefly ie plugging in a rapid charger and going back in the car to charge, it should have a timeout function at least 10min of driver has not returned then switch off stuff
ID3 Business Pro Performance 58kw
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

You don’t even need to press the park button. Opening the door does it for you! One less keystroke! :)
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

I just press P, get out, and lock up.

There’s a more thorough manual in the car if your press Help, or if you entered your VIN or reg here: https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/owners- ... nuals.html
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

scott28tt wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:12 pm I just press P, get out, and lock up.

There’s a more thorough manual in the car if your press Help, or if you entered your VIN or reg here: https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/owners- ... nuals.html
Am I right in saying that if you enter your vin or reg number on that web page, you just get a digital version of the small printed manual that was provided for the car?
The only comprehensive manual I know of, is if you enter reg number L3VWW into the web page. And whilst it is much better, you would have thought they would have been more specific about which options are fitted to each car version.
Gwyver

Post by Gwyver »

Scratch wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:30 am
scott28tt wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:12 pm I just press P, get out, and lock up.

Am I right in saying that if you enter your vin or reg number on that web page, you just get a digital version of the small printed manual that was provided for the car?
The only comprehensive manual I know of, is if you enter reg number L3VWW into the web page. And whilst it is much better, you would have thought they would have been more specific about which options are fitted to each car version.
If you enter your reg number you get the comprehensive manual and it is (apparently) relevant to your specific model of ID.3.
If you enter L3VWW the manual states that it relates to the ID.3 1st Edition
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Entering your VIN number to that webpage gets you the full manual too
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Utumno wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:59 am Entering your VIN number to that webpage gets you the full manual too
Nope. Just tried it. Doesn’t even cover the aircon. Also, if that manual is supposed to relate to my actual car, then it thinks my Life model has a HUD.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Sigh, better put that on the pile of VW software fail.

It definitely used to work, but never personalised it for an individual vehicle.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Deleted User 192

Scratch wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:30 am

No, you get the full manual regardless of what valid reg or VIN you enter - that’s the whole point of me mentioning it.

But, the full manual shown is the same regardless of your actual spec.
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

The manual I see when I use the link is shown as 'Edition 11.2020'.

I bought my ID.3 in December 2020 so this makes some sense for me, but is this really what people who have bought more recently get?
AndersG

Post by AndersG »

I found an old PDF that I use, the online one is utterly worthless.
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Sherlock wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:38 am The manual I see when I use the link is shown as 'Edition 11.2020'.

I bought my ID.3 in December 2020 so this makes some sense for me, but is this really what people who have bought more recently get?
June 2021 for my November build
durhamlad

Post by durhamlad »

Interesting read. Not got my id.3 but I'm reading here that if you put it in Park and get out then it switches itself off. I blow my tyres up with a pump that plugs into the cigarette lighter (or whatever it is called these days). Is there still a such a place to plug in such a tyre pump and if so does it stay powered up if I get out of the car to blow up the tyres?
id.3 Family Pro Performance ordered 8/11/21, build week 17, then 23 then 40, then 45, then 50, then delivery expected in January, 2023, picked up the car on January 16th. Yay!
Order number 31316***
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

durhamlad wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:56 am Interesting read. Not got my id.3 but I'm reading here that if you put it in Park and get out then it switches itself off. I blow my tyres up with a pump that plugs into the cigarette lighter (or whatever it is called these days). Is there still a such a place to plug in such a tyre pump and if so does it stay powered up if I get out of the car to blow up the tyres?
Get out of the car and press the starter button on the steering column and it should stay on
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

My auxiliary 12v socket is in the boot.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
Deleted User 192

durhamlad wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:56 am Interesting read. Not got my id.3 but I'm reading here that if you put it in Park and get out then it switches itself off. I blow my tyres up with a pump that plugs into the cigarette lighter (or whatever it is called these days). Is there still a such a place to plug in such a tyre pump and if so does it stay powered up if I get out of the car to blow up the tyres?

The START button on the steering column helps here, you can also change the position of a fuse to have the 12V socket permanently on.