Has anyone had an ID3 stolen yet?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Slathe

Post by Slathe »

The security on the ID3 seems good but have there been any reports of them being stolen? I have had a look on google but can’t find anything which I’m taking as a good sign.

steviebabes

Post by steviebabes »

The AA seem to have problems recovering them so your average car thief has no chance.
ID3 Life Pro Performance Glacier White Andoya 19in Alloys
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

I hope you haven’t just sent out a challenge! 🙈
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Slathe wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:47 pm The security on the ID3 seems good but have there been any reports of them being stolen? I have had a look on google but can’t find anything which I’m taking as a good sign.

The UWB keys and in-flight security used both at the doors and ignition on the ID.3 makes them fundamentally unstealable at present. UWB is a solid cryptographic standards-based approach, so provided you secure your key physically you’ve nothing to fear.

A Faraday pouch isn’t technically necessary either, as UWB is not susceptible to over-the-air attacks at all. Though several people use them still, as it makes them feel more secure and in some cases protects against edge cases (eg if you have your keys very close to the car - car close to door with keys just inside for example - then the car may open itself if you’ve configured proximity checking and auto-open on the infotainment head)
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

I’ve yet to read of a single theft report in the UK group on Facebook (4200 members), or here or on the SpeakEV forum.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

It's not a desireable performance car and it would require a lot of expertise to break up and sell piecemeal to a (currently) very limited potential audience.

Itsnowonder no-one's heard of one being stolen yet.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Also, not practical to steal something that you’d have to connect to charge for 30 minutes as the owner couldn’t find a charger 😀
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

steviebabes wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:04 pm The AA seem to have problems recovering them so your average car thief has no chance.
Ha ha.. you're not kidding.. 7 hours on Boxing day and then the VW dealership had to fix it in the car park as they had no way of getting it into the workshop.
I'm being instructed to sell it currently, the trust has gone completly.
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

G43FAN wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:21 am
steviebabes wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:04 pm The AA seem to have problems recovering them so your average car thief has no chance.
Ha ha.. you're not kidding.. 7 hours on Boxing day and then the VW dealership had to fix it in the car park as they had no way of getting it into the workshop.
I’m not surprised, you’ve had a hell of a run with your car.
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

How old is the car?
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

andrewparker wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:44 am
How old is the car?
It was picked up on March 5th. It's done 7500 trouble free miles and we've really loved it, up to Boxing day. I'm sure trust will be regained. I do find it really odd that I have had no issues until 2.3 was finally installed, and then from that day I had a number of occasions where the drive error warning flashed up, and it did the same the day it 'died', but that error is an amber error and always clears itself. I was going to start recording the incidences and book it in after the New Year but we didn't get that far,
StuartT

Post by StuartT »

Losing trust in something is such a horrible feeling. Don't act in haste, but you've got to do what's right for you.
Glacier white, Life Pro. August 2021
EVOWNER101

Post by EVOWNER101 »

Just wait, the Chinese or Russians will find a way to hack 2.3 if not already. Cause chaos on the Motorways or other major roads by switching off all the software enabled cars. Your experience G43Fan was just a trial run………
Current EV: ID.3 Tour Pro S :D
Previous EV: VW EGolf (Sep2019)
Date Ordered: 01/11/2021 :(
Date Finally Delivered: 15/03/2023 :shock:
Deal Honoured: :!: :?: :|
Dealership: Herritage Gl :? :roll: but love the individual people.