A55 Shell Services (Northop, East Bound)

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

The Shell services at A55 Northop on the East bound side has 4 shiny new 150kW chargers installed, though not live yet. Anyone wanting to leave Wales in a hurry next Summer will be catered for.. ;)

They were installed in November apparently.. will update if I find anything out about going live. Unfortunately no sign of a similar installation at the West bound services (Holiday Inn there also)

20211230_142506 (002).jpg

Smitten

Post by Smitten »

Two parking spaces only so if it is like my local Shell it will be x2 150kW CCS and x2 slower CHAdeMO. Good news for north Wales charging.
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Smitten wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:51 pm Two parking spaces only so if it is like my local Shell it will be x2 150kW CCS and x2 slower CHAdeMO. Good news for north Wales charging.
There's another two opposite.. just didn't get them in photo. Actually the arrangement kinda makes it a definite manouver to get in so might deter the casual ICE parker.
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

G43FAN wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:37 pm
Smitten wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:51 pm Two parking spaces only so if it is like my local Shell it will be x2 150kW CCS and x2 slower CHAdeMO. Good news for north Wales charging.
There's another two opposite.. just didn't get them in photo. Actually the arrangement kinda makes it a definite manouver to get in so might deter the casual ICE parker.
Oh that is good on both counts! I was going to say 2 x CCS isn't enough - ours seem to be either busy or parked on! They were broken for months and everyone got used to using the bays for parking - including Amazon Prime as they have lockers next to the chargers :roll:

MFG are putting in another x5 CCS at the nearby BP and have finished the ground works but not the charger installation. It is already being used as additional parking for the shop but I think once it is in regular use that will hopefully be deterred.
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

This looks like it will be really useful. I stopped by just before Christmas and asked when they were going to be turned on but the guy behind the counter had no idea. There was someone on speakev who was apparently told they would open in November, but obviously they didn't. They have been in place since early October I think. Let's hope it's not a case of reserving capacity and then not using it for many months.
I also understand from speakev that planning permission has been granted for 12 Instavolts at a new KFC at singing kettle (a few miles back up the road) but I guess that will take a few months in to 2022 at least to be built.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.