Door handle lights

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
ashmcmac

Post by ashmcmac »

Hi all …just thought I’d pass on something that puzzled me for a bit last night !! Parked my car in the drive early afternoon and as usual locked the car . Mirrors retracted etc . Looked out before bed last night and all four door handle lights on . Went out switched on car then off again . Handle lights still on !! . Discovered rear door slightly ajar . Problem solved . Hope this helps others

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Good that the car was letting you know…
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

ashmcmac wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:14 pm Hi all …just thought I’d pass on something that puzzled me for a bit last night !! Parked my car in the drive early afternoon and as usual locked the car . Mirrors retracted etc . Looked out before bed last night and all four door handle lights on . Went out switched on car then off again . Handle lights still on !! . Discovered rear door slightly ajar . Problem solved . Hope this helps others
Don't wish to hijack the thread but which models have lights on the door handles?
Also, you say the rear tailgate was ajar. Our tailgate doesn't shut properly. Takes, maybe, 3 attempts 75% of the time. Is this a common problem? Has anyone bothered to get the dealer to rectify? It seems a bit of a mundane issue to just book it in with the dealer, only for that. Or is it?
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Life doesn't get door handle lights.

If you have a rail gate closing problem, get it to the dealership. Your "comprehensive 3 year warranty" only covers door adjustment for 6 months/6500 miles. I had a 2018 Polo GTI+ that needed a slam to close the tailgate. The dealerfobbed me off, saying it was normal for a Polo. When I got a courtesy car (another Polo), I realised it wasn't. I compared the 2, my boot latch was set way too far in and during the slam, there was a slight rubbing of paint between the interior bottom edge of a boot lid and the top of the bumper. VW UK fobbed me off when I approached another dealer and they agreed there was a fault in build. VW refused to sanction the work on the 6 months technicality, by literally 4 days.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

For my tailgate there were two plastic/rubber bump stops on either side of the lid - these screw in/out. A couple of tweaks of these sorted out the boot for me.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

MotMot wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:45 am For my tailgate there were two plastic/rubber bump stops on either side of the lid - these screw in/out. A couple of tweaks of these sorted out the boot for me.
So, presumably, that applies to all ID3 models?
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

monkeyhanger wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:43 am Life doesn't get door handle lights.

If you have a rail gate closing problem, get it to the dealership. Your "comprehensive 3 year warranty" only covers door adjustment for 6 months/6500 miles. I had a 2018 Polo GTI+ that needed a slam to close the tailgate. The dealerfobbed me off, saying it was normal for a Polo. When I got a courtesy car (another Polo), I realised it wasn't. I compared the 2, my boot latch was set way too far in and during the slam, there was a slight rubbing of paint between the interior bottom edge of a boot lid and the top of the bumper. VW UK fobbed me off when I approached another dealer and they agreed there was a fault in build. VW refused to sanction the work on the 6 months technicality, by literally 4 days.
I decided to call in on my dealer as I was passing by. They had a look at the tailgate closure and said there was nothing wrong with it. They say you have to slam the tailgate quite hard, in order for it to shut completely. He did this and it closed fully on every occasion he did it. His explanation was that the ID3 tailgate is all plastic, therefor, there is very little weight to help the closure process. It does seem like a logical explanation, although I do find it a bit alien compared to other hatchbacks I have owned. It's also a strange method to adapt to, as the 4 doors (obviously metal) close just like you would expect from a more expansive vehicle.