80% battery charge vs full charge

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

I've seen people elsewhere say online that the Tesla GOM is always about 20% optimistic in winter. Personally I'd prefer the VW system... although I'd prefer it even more if the GOM was just an option to display but the %SoC was always visible, like a fuel gauge.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.

DickieBoy

Post by DickieBoy »

Given that Tesla are generally ahead of the game it does seem a bit strange that the estimated range would be the same all year round. Guess it might reduce the questions around battery health but having it show your likely range based on various factors seems more helpful to me.
Family Pro owner (Sept 22)
Jimmyinit

Post by Jimmyinit »

sidehaas wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:00 am I've seen people elsewhere say online that the Tesla GOM is always about 20% optimistic in winter. Personally I'd prefer the VW system... although I'd prefer it even more if the GOM was just an option to display but the %SoC was always visible, like a fuel gauge.
Yes I would whole heartedly agree with that wish completely.
24.12.21 Car on my drive delivered - - Tour Stonewash Blue with Heat pump
V3 Software updated 12-14 Nov 2022
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

sidehaas wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:00 am I'd prefer it even more if the GOM was just an option to display but the %SoC was always visible, like a fuel gauge.

Supposed to be coming in the 3.0 software.

I don't have the % displayed on my phone like many choose to, it would be useful to have the car display it's own % though.
durhamlad

Post by durhamlad »

Where on the car menu do I set the charge to over 80%?
id.3 Family Pro Performance ordered 8/11/21, build week 17, then 23 then 40, then 45, then 50, then delivery expected in January, 2023, picked up the car on January 16th. Yay!
Order number 31316***
vanb

Post by vanb »

Go into the ‘Vehicle’ menu then on the left hand side of the screen there are ‘buttons’. Select the one that says ‘Charging’. On the screen you will then be able to see your car’s SOC. Also you will see a slider along the bottom of the screen which will probably be set to charge to 80%. Move the slider to increase or decrease what you want the car to charge to. Hope this is okay as I’am typing this from memory while in bed with a cup of tea watching to. 😀
vanb

Post by vanb »

* watching tv
Silly auto correct. Hope that helps duramlad
durhamlad

Post by durhamlad »

vanb wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:05 am Go into the ‘Vehicle’ menu then on the left hand side of the screen there are ‘buttons’. Select the one that says ‘Charging’. On the screen you will then be able to see your car’s SOC. Also you will see a slider along the bottom of the screen which will probably be set to charge to 80%. Move the slider to increase or decrease what you want the car to charge to. Hope this is okay as I’am typing this from memory while in bed with a cup of tea watching to. 😀
That is perfect, thanks so much.
id.3 Family Pro Performance ordered 8/11/21, build week 17, then 23 then 40, then 45, then 50, then delivery expected in January, 2023, picked up the car on January 16th. Yay!
Order number 31316***