A shortcut for the heated-seats...

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
StuartT

Post by StuartT » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:53 am

It may be old news to many but, it's new to me and hopefully someone else!
I learnt that if you use two fingers and double tap the temp. down and temp. up sliders on the dash, at the same time, it turns the heated seats on. Double-tap them again to lower the temp. and to turn them off.
I'll get my coat... :D
Glacier white, Life Pro.
My knowledge could well turn out to be wrong...

MotMot

Post by MotMot » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:45 am

Great isn’t it!

Now does anyone know a similar short cut for the heated steering wheel?

Warminster id

Post by Warminster id » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:04 am

Hello Stuart t and welcome.
Glad you enjoyed your first drive and I hope like me you have many more enjoyable miles, it’s a great car.
I don’t know of a shortcut for heated steering wheel, but if you’re new to the car a couple of other features your dealer may have omitted are ,
Hold the ‘rear’ button down to activate all four windows at once.
And turn the wing mirror adjuster to L and the mirror will dip so you can see the curb when reversing
Life pro performance grey/steels standard car

Warminster id

Post by Warminster id » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:10 am

Hi Stuart
Sorry I didn’t check first, you’ve been with us a while now, I must be old lol
Life pro performance grey/steels standard car

MotMot

Post by MotMot » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:20 am

😁

StuartT

Post by StuartT » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:22 am

Warminster id wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:10 am
Hi Stuart
Sorry I didn’t check first, you’ve been with us a while now, I must be old lol
Welcome to the club!
I'm feeling good about myself now, after reading your tips and already knowing them 😅
All advice gladly received though - it's not just me that reads these threads.
Cheers 👍
Glacier white, Life Pro.

StuartT

Post by StuartT » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:24 am

MotMot wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:45 am
Great isn’t it!

Now does anyone know a similar short cut for the heated steering wheel?
Try me one on sport!
If it's doable, someone will pipe up.
Cheers
Glacier white, Life Pro.

Daveion

Post by Daveion » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:52 pm

Warminster id wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:04 am
Glad you enjoyed your first drive and I hope like me you have many more enjoyable miles, it’s a great car.
I don’t know of a shortcut for heated steering wheel, but if you’re new to the car a couple of other features your dealer may have omitted are ,
And turn the wing mirror adjuster to L and the mirror will dip so you can see the curb when reversing
Despite having my car for over a year I didnt know the two finger tap for the seat heaters. Useful.
I knew about the mirror dip but mine has never worked. To be sure you simply select L and reverse and the mirror or mirrors will dip? Thinking maybe its not a feature on a Life Pro Perf model??
Life Pro Performance : Moonstone Grey : Andoya Wheels. Collected Dec 30th 2020
Pod Point Solo Home Charger
New Life Pro Performance ordered Sept 9th
Order 31471xxx
Staus 10 advised Jan 5th 2022 May Build
Est June 22 Delivery ☹

Jamh2000

Post by Jamh2000 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:59 pm

Great tip but only turns on the driver’s seat for me - is there any way to do both?
ID.3 Life Pro, Manganese Grey

Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:51 pm

Jamh2000 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:59 pm
Great tip but only turns on the driver’s seat for me - is there any way to do both?
Is there anyone sitting in the passenger seat because most of the heating functions on the passenger side only work if there's someone in the seat
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3

StuartT

Post by StuartT » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:52 pm

Daveion wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:52 pm
Warminster id wrote:
Despite having my car for over a year I didnt know the two finger tap for the seat heaters. Useful.
I knew about the mirror dip but mine has never worked. To be sure you simply select L and reverse and the mirror or mirrors will dip? Thinking maybe its not a feature on a Life Pro Perf model??
Mine's a Life Pro and, yes, that's how you do it it, but you have to do it each time you get in the car. It only dips the nearside mirror.
Cheers
Glacier white, Life Pro.

TheJimster

Post by TheJimster » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:56 pm

Daveion wrote:
Warminster id wrote:
The mirror dip works on my City, which suggests it's there on all trim levels. But if I've recalled correctly, there is a setting buried in the infotainment to enable / disable it.
71 / 2021 ID.3 City Pure Performance, Moonstone Grey. Get a £50 bonus when you switch to Octopus energy: http://share.octopus.energy/best-moose-515

StuartT

Post by StuartT » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:03 pm

Jamh2000 wrote:
It seems that your passenger has to look after themself :D
Glacier white, Life Pro.

Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:33 pm

Jamh2000 wrote:
A two finger tap on the passenger side heating controls turns that side on and off.
2016-2021 - Nissan Leaf Tekna 24
Sept 21 - VW ID.3 Life Pro Moonstone

Daveion

Post by Daveion » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:19 pm

TheJimster wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:56 pm
Daveion wrote:
Warminster id wrote:
The mirror dip works on my City, which suggests it's there on all trim levels. But if I've recalled correctly, there is a setting buried in the infotainment to enable / disable it.
Thanks
I will look at settings in the morning. Never come accross anything to date by chance.
Life Pro Performance : Moonstone Grey : Andoya Wheels. Collected Dec 30th 2020
Pod Point Solo Home Charger
New Life Pro Performance ordered Sept 9th
Order 31471xxx
Staus 10 advised Jan 5th 2022 May Build
Est June 22 Delivery ☹

Scratch

Post by Scratch » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:48 am

Daveion wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:19 pm
TheJimster wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:56 pm
Daveion wrote:

Thanks
I will look at settings in the morning. Never come accross anything to date by chance.
Yes, there is a setting somewhere, where you can set the "level" of dip for the mirror. I set it when I first got the car but, it seems, my normal driving setting works just as well for me.

scott28tt

Post by scott28tt » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:07 am

Everything to do with the dipping mirror is covered in the full manual, just remember the manual talks about the R position for the mirror control knob when it should say the L position (for a RHD car)
ID.3 1st Edition / Moonstone Grey / October 2020 onwards