2022 ID3 Production Sold Out

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Seen this elsewhere, an article with lots of speculation.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Thanks Andrew. Is there an English link or do I need to Google translate it?
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Daveion wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:51 pm
Thanks Andrew. Is there an English link or do I need to Google translate it?
Sorry, I just used the page translation tool in Safari.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
Deleted User 1676

Post by Deleted User 1676 »

From the article translation

Since the end of 2020, the e-Up! disappeared from the Volkswagen car configurator. But now Volkswagen is resuming production of the 3.60 meter small electric speedster in the Slovakian capital. As the VW sales department informed its dealers at the end of last week, the e-Up! can be ordered again in the top version Style Plus from mid-February. At the base price of 26,500 euros and including a CCS fast charging connection, charging cable, 15-inch light-alloy wheels, multifunction steering wheel and a black roof finish. Also on board is the "large" battery with a net capacity of 32.2 kWh for a range of 260 kilometers according to the statutory consumption standard WLTP.
The comeback of the e-Up! comes in handy for many VW dealers. Because the small Stromer sold brilliantly until the order stop in December 2020 due to the low net price of less than 20,000 euros after deducting the environmental bonus and innovation premium: In November, the e-Up! in the German registration statistics before the ID.3. VW dealer Wolf Warncke from Tarmstedt near Bremen, who specializes in electric cars, now expects strong demand for the model again. As a precaution, he has opened a "list of interested parties" on which interested parties can be noted.
Annual production of the ID.3 has already been sold
As a bestseller, the electric dwarf is also well suited as a stopgap: Many VW dealers are currently having great difficulties in meeting the demand for the ID.3, as Warncke also confirmed. For the cheapest ID.3 Pro with the "small" 58 kWh battery, VW had already imposed an order freeze against the background of the lack of chips - the semiconductors should benefit vehicles that offer a higher margin. But for the other variants, too, there are meanwhile delivery times of at least nine months up to more than a year. A large retail chain in the Rhine-Main area is therefore no longer accepting orders for electric cars. Because the production planned for the current year has already been completely sold, as also confirmed by a spokesman for VW Sachsen.
And for the 2023 model year, an extensive facelift is planned for the ID.3 in two stages. In autumn, after customer complaints about the quality of the materials used, among other things, the interior was upgraded, and a few months later modifications were made to the outer skin to make the car appear more pleasing overall.
ID.3 production
Final inspection of a VW ID3. at the Zwickau plant
The annual production of the electric car for 2022 is already sold out. And in autumn there is a major facelift. Photo: Volkswagen
However, federal politics also plays a role for the trade: It is currently not possible to predict how long and to what extent the federal government will continue to support the purchase of electric cars with environmental bonuses and innovation bonuses at the current level.
How long will the environmental bonus be paid?
Federal Minister of Economics Robert Habeck had extended the innovation premium in mid-December until the end of 2022, but announced that funding would be refocused on climate protection for the period after that. The planned reform could not only affect the plug-in hybrids, which may be completely out of the subsidy. But even with battery cars, it is said in Berlin, there could be changes. In the form of a reduction in the subsidy premiums overall or by introducing a price cap up to which the purchase of an electric car is supported. In the Netherlands it is currently 45,000 euros – depending on the configuration, the ID.3 can already fall out.
Because of the uncertain prospects and unresolved questions, VW dealers are already advising prospective buyers to bring orders for plug-in hybrids and electric cars forward if possible, so that the vehicles will be registered by December of this year at the latest. Assuming, of course, that the cars you want are still available: delivery times are already more than a year in some cases, also due to the chip crisis.
The peak line has almost been reached at the Zwickau plant
At the Zwickau plant, where the ID.3 is manufactured (together with other electric cars based on the modular electric construction kit), the current daily production is 1200 cars. The so-called peak line (at which 100 percent production capacity is reached) is to be increased to 1400 units in the course of the year. But the work doesn't give more then. And in Wolfsburg, the first vehicles of the type will not be able to be assembled until autumn of next year.
Therefore, a freeze on acceptance of orders for the ID.4 could possibly be imposed soon, the VW dealer said in an interview with EDISON: “The official delivery times for the model now extend to September. And our orders have not yet been confirmed by the factory.”
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Thanks Voodubber.
Interesting.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

I'm not surprised to be honest, considering I ordered my ID3 in September and an estimated delivery date well into in the second half of 2022.
Tour 5 77kWh Pro S 204HP in Stone Washed Blue
Ordered October 2021
Build Started: Week 21 2022
Delivered: Week: Week 26 2022

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Black

Post by Black »

Considering getting the replacement for the one we have just got ordered now for delivery in early 2023.
With such long lead times I can’t see it depreciating that much in the interim.
MattP

Post by MattP »

What’s the major facelift?
Octopus referral

https://share.octopus.energy/plum-mouse-3910
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

MattP wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:08 pm What’s the major facelift?

Something made up as click bait?
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Uphamid3

Post by Uphamid3 »

From what I read somewhere on-line somewhere a few months ago, the facelift in 2023 is the usual mid-cycle update - most models from the major manufacturers are in production for about 7 years or so before the next model cycle comes on stream.
The mid-term updates I read about included deletion of the black area of the bonnet beneath the windscreen, with a different shape bonnet and minor ‘tweaks’ to the front, small changes to the shape of the rear, and a completely refreshed and upgraded interior. These changes, together with some new wheel and colour options are likely to be the only changes, so it will still be largely similar to the car as it is now.
Major changes will come when a completely new model is launched in about five years time.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Uphamid3 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:52 pm From what I read somewhere on-line somewhere a few months ago, the facelift in 2023 is the usual mid-cycle update - most models from the major manufacturers are in production for about 7 years or so before the next model cycle comes on stream.
The mid-term updates I read about included deletion of the black area of the bonnet beneath the windscreen, with a different shape bonnet and minor ‘tweaks’ to the front, small changes to the shape of the rear, and a completely refreshed and upgraded interior. These changes, together with some new wheel and colour options are likely to be the only changes, so it will still be largely similar to the car as it is now.
Major changes will come when a completely new model is launched in about five years time.

Mmm. My opinion on this is that this likely to be a lot of Internet wishlisting rather than anything with any basis in fact 😀 entirely designed to grab your eyeballs.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

My uncles best friend is the CEO of VW and he says it's a 12" infotainment screen.

/s
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
Splash-Man

Post by Splash-Man »

mediaguy wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:04 pm
My uncles best friend is the CEO of VW and he says it's a 12" infotainment screen.

/s
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
About time it finally turned up
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
2023 Facelift 77kWh Pro S Costa Azule
18/9/23 Order placed
15/12/23 Collection day count down !
Stiggy

Post by Stiggy »

Tusker is my company Salary Sacrifice provider and now have the ID3 lead time as 52 weeks !!
Order date: 20th January 2022
Spec: Family Pro Performance Glacier White, East Derry Alloys, Heat Pump, Infotainment Pack, Sport Plus Pack, Bicycle Prep
Order number: 3203****
Estimated delivery: Late November 2022