18%
Scale Silver
4%
Stonewashed Blue
13%

Total votes: 130

tomstring

Post by tomstring »

This poll is a fantastic idea. My ordered colour, Moonstone Grey, appears to be the winner at the moment. I wasn’t prepared to pay for a colour but has it been the dirty grey offered as the no cost colour on the Tiguan I may have changed my mind. Second favourite ID3 colour for me would be Guards Red.

ItshardtobuyId3

Post by ItshardtobuyId3 »

Smitten wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:04 pm I have a metallic black car now and I have never spent so much time cleaning a car for it to look filthy 5 mins later, especially in the summer - pollen and 'London dust' mainly. We are also in a hard water area so dark colours are a nightmare and need water filters to stop spotting. No such issues with our e208 is which is a Pearl White so, I decided to go down the white route as I want my life back :lol:
Black is complete nightmare. Made that mistake before myself. White is surprisingly easy to keep clean.
ID3 Life Pro Performance
Glacier White
East Derry alloys
Driver Assistance pack
[traded in for]
Cupra Born V1 with Typhoon Alloys - Aurora Blue - Tech pack L
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

White is an easy colour to keep *looking* clean. Pedantic I know, but you're not really keeping it clean, it just doesn't show the dirt as readily as darker colours do. Plus Manganese isn't really black, it's dark grey. More pedantry ;)
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
chrisfs

Post by chrisfs »

Surprised there aren’t more whites on the scoreboard as yet, I think it looks really good contrasting with the black bits. It was my second choice, was definitely tempted.
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

ItshardtobuyId3 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:33 pm
Smitten wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:04 pm I have a metallic black car now and I have never spent so much time cleaning a car for it to look filthy 5 mins later, especially in the summer - pollen and 'London dust' mainly. We are also in a hard water area so dark colours are a nightmare and need water filters to stop spotting. No such issues with our e208 is which is a Pearl White so, I decided to go down the white route as I want my life back :lol:
Black is complete nightmare. Made that mistake before myself. White is surprisingly easy to keep clean.
You have my sympathy! The loaner ID3 from VW for the test drive was Manganese and my other half thought it was "boring". I thought about the Stone Washed Blue or Makena but I saw a lot of them and not many white.....so white was ordered. To be honest, right now, I'm passed caring about the colour. So, VW if you are listening - I just want the car on my drive before November - any colour will do. Perhaps you need another voting button for that option :lol:
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
Sanya

Post by Sanya »

chrisfs wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:44 pm Surprised there aren’t more whites on the scoreboard as yet, I think it looks really good contrasting with the black bits. It was my second choice, was definitely tempted.
That was why I was drawn to it. It reminds me of my first white and black I3. My current I3 is grey so that colour was crossed off the list.
Last edited by Sanya on Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Family Pro Performance | Glacier White | Sanya 20” alloys | Delivered March 2022
3rd time EV owner | BMWi Pure wall box.
DSB18

Post by DSB18 »

Splash-Man wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:40 am Turquoise for me. Wanted something that would stand out.
Was tempted to change to red when that became an option but I didn't want to risk anything on the order front plus my current is red so always nice to have a change.

Edit:
Ooops, didn't see the poll when I typed my reply :roll:
We went for this colour, my wife picked it and I wasn't sure but it has proved the right choice, stands out from the crowd, can find it easier in car parks and for some reason people let me out a lot more at junctions, no regrets.
ID.3 Makena turquoise Business Pro
StuartT

Post by StuartT »

Sanya wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:08 pm White with the wheels to match press cars.

852998CE-7957-4677-A4D7-C264DFB98FAC.jpeg
This thread reminded me of a post on the forum a while back. I went looking and lo and behold it was you asking about the colour!
I take it you couldn't get this colour?! 😄

6B6C6EE7-D59C-4D6D-A226-997E8117061D.png

Glacier white, Life Pro. August 2021
Sanya

Post by Sanya »

StuartT wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:38 pm
Sanya wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:08 pm White with the wheels to match press cars.

This thread reminded me of a post on the forum a while back. I went looking and lo and behold it was you asking about the colour!

If it was available… who knows
Family Pro Performance | Glacier White | Sanya 20” alloys | Delivered March 2022
3rd time EV owner | BMWi Pure wall box.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

I tend to think of the colour of a car as undercoat anyway, because it's all mud round here anyway. So we will be driving a mud coloured car whatever happens, may as well go for the least intrusive undercoat 😂
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Sanya wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:34 pm

That lemon colour really suits the car. I personally liked the Turquoise, but SWMBO dinged it immediately.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
StuartT

Post by StuartT »

Utumno wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:36 pm
Sanya wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:34 pm

That lemon colour really suits the car. I personally liked the Turquoise, but SWMBO dinged it immediately.
I have to agree with you but I've also got a voice in my head saying "bathroom suite" 😅
Colour choice is so subjective and wouldn't it be a dull world if we all drove the same colour car...
ps: your spreadsheet has hopefully brought some sort of clarity, for many. Nice one.
Glacier white, Life Pro. August 2021
phixion

Post by phixion »

Have the Glacier White, but I think the colours are rather boring if I'm being honest.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS | Glacier White Metallic Flat Black | 19" Andoya Black Alloy Wheels | BP Pulse Home Charger
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

chrisfs wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:44 pm Surprised there aren’t more whites on the scoreboard as yet, I think it looks really good contrasting with the black bits. It was my second choice, was definitely tempted.
You can only vote once, but we have a White Life and a Manganese Family - I added our Family to the survey, so you're missing a genuine white vote.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
chrisfs

Post by chrisfs »

Interesting standings in the poll at present. Moonstone clearly ahead, but I guess for reasons not simply to do with the colour. Silver very unpopular. All the rest pretty similar really. (Red too recent to get a fair result).

As it happens I could have had a silver many months ago but really didn’t want the colour. Later I saw one in a car park and thought it actually looked fantastic so kicked myself a little bit.
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Yes, one of our neighbours has just got an ID.3 in Scale Silver (with Andoyas) and I think it looks great. I actually think it defines the shape very well, better than Manganese Grey does.
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
ItshardtobuyId3

Post by ItshardtobuyId3 »

chrisfs wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:16 pm Interesting standings in the poll at present. Moonstone clearly ahead, but I guess for reasons not simply to do with the colour. Silver very unpopular. All the rest pretty similar really. (Red too recent to get a fair result).

As it happens I could have had a silver many months ago but really didn’t want the colour. Later I saw one in a car park and thought it actually looked fantastic so kicked myself a little bit.
I nearly went for silver but decided not to risk as I’ve not seen a silver one in real life.
ID3 Life Pro Performance
Glacier White
East Derry alloys
Driver Assistance pack
[traded in for]
Cupra Born V1 with Typhoon Alloys - Aurora Blue - Tech pack L
Griff

Post by Griff »

Since I jumped on a pre-existing order I only had a choice between black or white....and I had already decided I wanted a black car so Manganese Grey it was.

That and the lack of cars/colours in the show room to view (test drove a turqoise) meant I paid very little attention to colour. However, I think, unusually, I like all the colour options..... albeit from looking at the brochure online. I think it is the two-tone as standard that makes the difference.

Pictures posted here of the stone-washed blue look really nice and might be my choice, if I had one. But when I get to see these "in the flesh" it might change.......
:: ID.3 Life Pro :: Manganese Grey :: East Derry Alloys :: Tow Hitch ::
January 2022.
Pod Point Solo 3 Home Charger.
bupkis

Post by bupkis »

A8755F13-D69D-4362-928A-DC2160C70D04.jpeg

In Ireland, we’ve had the option of Kings Red since MY22 came in in July. I got mine at the beginning of this month and I’m very pleased with how it looks.
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

I think I’d have gone for King’s Red if it was available when I ordered, probably with Sanyas. Now I’m too scared to change my order :)
VW up! GTI / Tungsten