18%
Scale Silver
4%
Stonewashed Blue
13%

Total votes: 130

andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Apologies if this has been done before, but I was interested to see how popular the various colours are.

I didn't really think twice when I ordered mine, Manganese Grey was almost the default choice for me, however I have swayed a few times, particularly to Stonewashed Blue.
Last edited by andrewparker on Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten

Splash-Man

Post by Splash-Man »

Turquoise for me. Wanted something that would stand out.
Was tempted to change to red when that became an option but I didn't want to risk anything on the order front plus my current is red so always nice to have a change.

Edit:
Ooops, didn't see the poll when I typed my reply :roll:
2023 Facelift 77kWh Pro S Costa Azule
18/9/23 Order placed
15/12/23 Collection day count down !
cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

I wanted the Manganese Grey but herself didn't like it so went with the Stonewashed Blue. I think I'd prefer the red now, the black panels and the red really pops.
Tour 5 77kWh Pro S 204HP in Stone Washed Blue
Ordered October 2021
Build Started: Week 21 2022
Delivered: Week: Week 26 2022

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

We have a white one and Manganese Grey, I do prefer the Manganese Grey. When I ordered the white one,it was a built and unallocated order. If I'd ordered from scratch, it would've been Turquoise.
Last edited by monkeyhanger on Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
ItshardtobuyId3

Post by ItshardtobuyId3 »

It’s odd with the ID3 but I’ve always liked it in pictures but the first time I saw it for real I thought it looked bloody awful.

Having seen a few I discovered it’s very colour dependent for me. White is the one it looks best to me in the flesh. It wouldn’t have been my first choice from a configurator though!
ID3 Life Pro Performance
Glacier White
East Derry alloys
Driver Assistance pack
[traded in for]
Cupra Born V1 with Typhoon Alloys - Aurora Blue - Tech pack L
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

My current one is Moonstone Grey and was all that was available with Andoya alloys when I got it in December 2020. I have a White one on order now and was the colour I most prefer. If I was to justify a bigger spend though I would go with Stonewashed Blue with 20" Sanya wheels and a more upmarket interior. Maybe when I part with my Z4 and run one car.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

For us the colour choice was either white or grey. I think the silver looks awful, almost greasy, and I like silver cars generally!

Stonewashed Blue was an easy dismiss for us; it looks fantastic clean but both SWMBO and I agreed that as soon as it gets even vaguely dirty it doesn't look good at all. And given I'm notoriously lazy with washing cars and SWMBO thinks that's a "boy job" 🙄 there was no way I was having that on the drive annoying SWMBO's OCD.

Both SWMBO and I prefer dark cars to light cars generally, hence Manganese Grey
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

Daveion wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:18 am Maybe when I part with my Z4 and run one car.
I have the same 'problem'!!
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
Jack1338

Post by Jack1338 »

Moonstone grey here but the Stonewashed Blue has reaaaallly grown on me. Might call our dealer to see if it can be changed without affecting potential build week.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

I voted based on what I already have, Moonstone Grey.

I think the car looks at it's best in Glacier White with the 20" Sanya wheels.

Makena Turquoise is nice if you want your car and your shower gel to match, Scale Silver is too pale for me, and Stonewash Blue should be named Wishy-washy Blue as it really does nothing.

Of course, it's a VERY personal choice :D
Jack1338

Post by Jack1338 »

Utumno wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:49 am For us the colour choice was either white or grey. I think the silver looks awful, almost greasy, and I like silver cars generally!

Stonewashed Blue was an easy dismiss for us; it looks fantastic clean but both SWMBO and I agreed that as soon as it gets even vaguely dirty it doesn't look good at all. And given I'm notoriously lazy with washing cars and SWMBO thinks that's a "boy job" 🙄 there was no way I was having that on the drive annoying SWMBO's OCD.

Both SWMBO and I prefer dark cars to light cars generally, hence Manganese Grey
Oh, that's a good point about the blue...the cleaning...maybe I need to rethink.
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

scott28tt wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:08 pm I voted based on what I already have, Moonstone Grey.

I think the car looks at it's best in Glacier White with the 20" Sanya wheels.

Makena Turquoise is nice if you want your car and your shower gel to match, Scale Silver is too pale for me, and Stonewash Blue should be named Wishy-washy Blue as it really does nothing.

Of course, it's a VERY personal choice :D
Sorry Scott, forgot that some people already own an ID.3!
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
whittaker52

Post by whittaker52 »

For me, at the time of ordering it was a close run between glacier white and makena turquoise, but in the end i went with the turquoise. If kings red had been available at the time, I probably would have ordered that instead. I kinda wish there had been a wider variety of brighter colours, but that's more of a personal thing.
MY 2023 58KW Makena Turquoise Max Pro Performance
Ordered: Mid-September 2021
Delivered May 31st 2023
Deleted User 1676

Post by Deleted User 1676 »

I could be tempted by a glacier with Herbie stripes and ID.3 instead of 53

JRF

Post by JRF »

Moonstone.
Sanya

Post by Sanya »

White with the wheels to match press cars.

852998CE-7957-4677-A4D7-C264DFB98FAC.jpeg

Family Pro Performance | Glacier White | Sanya 20” alloys | Delivered March 2022
3rd time EV owner | BMWi Pure wall box.
Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

We prefer a 'colour', so black, white, or any shade of grey was never a choice. The stonewashed blue interested me for a wee while, but in the flesh Makena Turquoise was the only real choice. Kings Red was not an option when we bought.
Life Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise - Loen Alloys - June 2021- Zappi Charger - Software v3.2 [dealership]
Hemming91

Post by Hemming91 »

Went for moonstone grey. It was between the 2 choices of grey for me
Family Pro Performance - Moonstone Grey - East Derry Alloys
Ordered Confirmed - 26/10/2021
VW Order Number - 31517xxx
Latest status from dealership - Nobody knows!
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

I have a metallic black car now and I have never spent so much time cleaning a car for it to look filthy 5 mins later, especially in the summer - pollen and 'London dust' mainly. We are also in a hard water area so dark colours are a nightmare and need water filters to stop spotting. No such issues with our e208 is which is a Pearl White so, I decided to go down the white route as I want my life back :lol:
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Smitten wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:04 pm I have a metallic black car now and I have never spent so much time cleaning a car for it to look filthy 5 mins later, especially in the summer - pollen and 'London dust' mainly. We are also in a hard water area so dark colours are a nightmare and need water filters to stop spotting. No such issues with our e208 is which is a Pearl White so, I decided to go down the white route as I want my life back :lol:

My wife's car is metallic black and we live on a gravel road which kicks up a lot of dust when it's dry, the car looks clean for 5 minutes each time we wash it :roll: