Steamy windows

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Dinsdale wrote: ↑Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:28 pm
Utumno wrote: ↑Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:05 pm
MotMot wrote: ↑Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:53 pm

That’d be the rusted through floor pans letting in water 😁

Please let’s not think about what liquid was causing the rusting as a result of the dogging.

Cannot. Unsee.
Impressive. I haven't been on this forum a week and already I have it in the gutter πŸ‘πŸ‘

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203

StuartT

Post by StuartT »

Impressive. I haven't been on this forum a week and already I have it in the gutter πŸ‘πŸ‘
I visit the forum to learn because I thought it was for adults, of all genders, and not just ladsladslads.com
Last edited by StuartT on Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Glacier white, Life Pro. August 2021
billybobb2019

Post by billybobb2019 »

Utumno wrote: ↑Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:05 pm
MotMot wrote: ↑Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:53 pm

That’d be the rusted through floor pans letting in water 😁

Please let’s not think about what liquid was causing the rusting as a result of the dogging.

Cannot. Unsee.
Very LOL
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

I also just leave the AC on at 19 or 20. Can't understand the need to constantly mess with it, if I get in the car wet or more often the dog is wet then I use the buttons on the switch panel for Max air and rear demist, that;s it. However as others have said, I had to give the inside of the window a really good clean every week for the first month or so as it had a hazy build up on it. This is often reported as being caused by Offgas from new plastics and should settle down. I had a similar issue with my Tiguan when first bought.

Once that was sorted it's been fine ever since, and I live in Wales and have a Spaniel.. Wet is something we live with daily.
Deleted User 1676

Post by Deleted User 1676 »

We use dessicate bags from Amazon in all our vehicles.

I used to get a lot of moisture in the campervan and in the soft top but decent moisture removers sorted both.

I take them out and microwave them for a few minutes every month or so in the winter to dry them back out.
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

My windscreen always used to get misted up, but just had it replaced due to a crack and the replacement seems to have been much clearer, with no misting at all.
2016-2021 - Nissan Leaf Tekna 24
Sept 21-Jul 22- VW ID.3 Life Pro Moonstone
July 22 on - Cupra Born V1, Vapor grey, Tech Pack L, 19" Typhoon alloys
gadge

Post by gadge »

G43FAN wrote: ↑Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:00 am I also just leave the AC on at 19 or 20. Can't understand the need to constantly mess with it, if I get in the car wet or more often the dog is wet then I use the buttons on the switch panel for Max air and rear demist, that;s it. However as others have said, I had to give the inside of the window a really good clean every week for the first month or so as it had a hazy build up on it. This is often reported as being caused by Offgas from new plastics and should settle down. I had a similar issue with my Tiguan when first bought.

Once that was sorted it's been fine ever since, and I live in Wales and have a Spaniel.. Wet is something we live with daily.
Yes this is what I'm experiencing. The hazy build up. Not so much water build up.