Service plans

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Warminster id wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:27 pm Hi all
Just done a quick search and found a company called servicing stop. I put my reg in and it came up with a full service price of £152.80.
Obviously I would probably ring them to confirm they know it’s an EV , but what a difference to VW!!!!
Was thinking of booking it in for next year 🙂
Even that sounds like daylight robbery, given the presumed scope of works (assuming there are no plugin checks). Presuming that includes a (probably unnecessary) brake fluid change. Pollen filter change. If a check was made to see if brake fluid change is required (and it almost certainly won't be) and found to not be needed, this should be a £99/£119 service at a main dealer.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565

Warminster id

Post by Warminster id »

That was for a “full service “ the small one was cheaper.
What got me was that the VW service manager still thought that the £338 plan was a good price! So even at £150 I can’t see people using VW to service their cars
Life pro performance grey/steels standard car
ItshardtobuyId3

Post by ItshardtobuyId3 »

Warminster id wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:16 pm That was for a “full service “ the small one was cheaper.
What got me was that the VW service manager still thought that the £338 plan was a good price! So even at £150 I can’t see people using VW to service their cars
It’s often said that car dealerships make most of their money from the service department not sales. If electric cars genuinely don’t go wrong very much then the only way that can continue is to fleece people for routine services.

They will probably get away with it for a while because of the battery pack. Small garages will be scared of them because they will be told they are more like a small electrical substation than a car. Only main dealers will have knowledge to do technical things like “inspection of the charging cable” *Cough, bollocks, cough* ;)

It does make me wonder though how any EV can not get written off in any sort of substantial crash. A crash damaged car isn’t all white coats and laser beams. If people start charging a premium for repairs to crash damaged EV’s because of the battery… 🤣

The horror!
ID3 Life Pro Performance
Glacier White
East Derry alloys
Driver Assistance pack
[traded in for]
Cupra Born V1 with Typhoon Alloys - Aurora Blue - Tech pack L
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

The crash damage bit worries me. I've seen a couple of Facebook reports of people trying to buy written-off cars that were effectively software-locked so they couldn't move after an accident, despite one of them being relatively minor in the grand scheme of things. I don't want to have to pay a huge amount to a dealer to make my car operable again if I'm rear ended at 10mph (even if insurance covers it.) I don't know whether this is a real problem though, it's difficult to know how much to believe Facebook posts.
Re: servicing, maybe this will be the next thing we get charged for once VW have actually worked out a service plan:
https://www.speakev.com/threads/is-batt ... lt.154720/
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Liquid cooling has been around for a long long long time in car design… in an EV it’s ‘different’ as it’s cooling an electric motor and a battery - but won’t have to deal with the temp extremes of an ICE - and rust issues (iron engine blocks). Probably doesn’t have to run under as high pressure (above 100 deg) as ICE which negates all sorts of isssues… I’m making educated guesses here though…
nabrU

Post by nabrU »

Just to let you know I have just been advised that my ID.3 is ready to be collected after 2.4 update (took them 3.5 days).
The lady who called me mentioned service plan that includes 1 x servicing, 1 x MOT, 1 x pollen filter change and 1 x brake fluid change but she said is will be £199.
So not sure if it is VW wide offer or it is my dealer who reduced the price.

My car is on 2 years lease and although I'm keen to extend it (depending on the renewal quote) I will probably tell her 'no' when I collect the car in couple hours time.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance + Makena Turquoise + 19" 'Andoya" alloys + heat pump I Soft 2.4
Bonnet app: Use my code RARAB to get £15 off when you buy a subscription
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

nabrU wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:49 pm Just to let you know I have just been advised that my ID.3 is ready to be collected after 2.4 update (took them 3.5 days).
The lady who called me mentioned service plan that includes 1 x servicing, 1 x MOT, 1 x pollen filter change and 1 x brake fluid change but she said is will be £199.
So not sure if it is VW wide offer or it is my dealer who reduced the price.

My car is on 2 years lease and although I'm keen to extend it (depending on the renewal quote) I will probably tell her 'no' when I collect the car in couple hours time.
That's about what it should be IMO. If you'll definitely keep the car long enough to use it, I would go for that, but the servicing packs are now non transferrable, so if you change cars before you use it, VW just trouser the money and charge the next owner of the car again.

For me, MOT is an odd inclusion. Most people who buy new change the car before the MOT is due, fir another new car.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565