Charge every night?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
am0

Post by am0 »

Hi

Should I charge every night? Currently have 140 miles or so remaining - should I connect to the charger?

TIA

andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

How far do you need to drive tomorrow? That’s your answer.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

Usually only top up once a week - low milage ...
Life Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise - Loen Alloys - June 2021- Zappi Charger - Software v3.2 [dealership]
TheJimster

Post by TheJimster »

I typically do no more than 40 miles a day, but mine goes on charge every night. Partly because I like to know that I start every day with a full (well, 80% full) tank, just in case. But also in an attempt to build up the habit so I connect the charger as soon as I park up, which reduces the chance of me absent-mindedly failing to charge up when I really needed to.

Charging little and often has no detrimental effect in terms of battery life, vs. larger and less frequent charges, providing you're sticking to an 80% charge limit.
71 / 2021 ID.3 City Pure Performance, Moonstone Grey. Get a £50 bonus when you switch to Octopus energy: http://share.octopus.energy/best-moose-515
phixion

Post by phixion »

I let it drop to 40% or lower before charging to 80%.

If I plan on a long journey I charge to 100% and leave ASAP.

With the warmer weather coming, it should be okay to allow it to drop to 20% soon.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS | Glacier White Metallic Flat Black | 19" Andoya Black Alloy Wheels | BP Pulse Home Charger
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Typically we charge to 80% overnight if we're travelling or could be travelling, if not then we let it drop down to 20%.

Also depends how we charge, e.g. if Solar then it's 2kw'/h (by choice, i.e. free) so that might just be a trickle from 10am to 3pm

To 100% if there's an immediate long trip.