New software - ID light flashing

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Jamh2000

Post by Jamh2000 »

I’ve recently received a significant software upgrade and since the installation the ID light (or rather a small portion of it in front of the driver) flashes every minute or so. It’s a minor problem but a bit distracting and annoying. Has anyone else experienced this?
ID.3 Life Pro, Manganese Grey

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Is it the eco assist function? I think(?) that ID light function came in with 2.3 - if you have eco assist on then when it brakes for you it briefly lights up a small bit of the ID light in front of the driver, pale blue.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

It's telling you to lift off, there will be a symbol in the display also. It's detecting the need to slow down imminently and is a feature.

Other features can be seen here.. viewtopic.php?t=1416
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

I’d it’s annoying try taking eco assist off in the menus. Press ‘Assist’ button then look for the ‘eco assist’ option.
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.
Jamh2000

Post by Jamh2000 »

Thanks all. If all it is doing is telling me to lift off the pedal at certain times to increase efficiency I can do without that as it’s unrealistic to imagine I’d be following its instructions constantly. If eco assist does anything else though I may want to keep it on - trying to find out more detail about what it does.
ID.3 Life Pro, Manganese Grey