Driver's Handbook - Is such a thing available?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Sheps

Post by Sheps »

A bit of a Rumsfeld situation here - after a month of driving the car, I still don't know what I don't know about it. Are there features I could be using and appreciating? Am I missing out?

Just sitting in the car and fiddling through the different pages doesn't help me in the way that scanning printed Contents and Index pages would. Has anyone found anything useful - even if it were online, it would be better than just using the car until something pops up to tell you that a particular feature is available. I only just found out about the passenger side mirror helping with reverse by reading threads on here - how would I have known that? I still have to try it out, mind you.

So, has anyone found anysuch thing that they could direct me to?

sghom

Post by sghom »

A 'tips & tricks' page on here would be useful ?
family pro performance, mangy knees+bin lids
JCT 600 [sheffield]
ordered 17 july
3140xxxx
build week 45 confirmed? 11/1
on the boat 8-)
MY22
ETA feb 22 8-)
Derekosb

Post by Derekosb »

See previous post on the forum with a link to a PDF version.

viewtopic.php?t=280
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

sghom wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:34 am A 'tips & tricks' page on here would be useful ?
I have had my car for 15 months but still picked things up from Chris on YouTube Battery Life recently.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
Sheps

Post by Sheps »

I watched all of that video - I even understood some of it. I now feel supremely underqualified to be driving this car.

But what a lovely guy he is. I'll try some of the less technical vids in the hope that I'll learn more that I need to know. I mean do I need to know about the OBD stuff? I don't even know what that is but perhaps I have to learn.
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

Sheps wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:34 pm I watched all of that video - I even understood some of it. I now feel supremely underqualified to be driving this car.

But what a lovely guy he is. I'll try some of the less technical vids in the hope that I'll learn more that I need to know. I mean do I need to know about the OBD stuff? I don't even know what that is but perhaps I have to learn.
OBD gives you lots of (mainly irrelevant) geek technical data. Probably the most useful things are battery ‘health’ in terms of degradation and current battery temperature. But the former needs to be trended over some length of time to be a accurate and the question with the latter is ‘what do you do about it?’
I personally just try to keep the SOC between 20 and 80% where sensible and trust VW will eventually tweak the BMS to properly manage battery temperature re optimal charging and cold weather short trip performance. 2.4/3.0 should do some of that…
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.
Sheps

Post by Sheps »

OB1CCFC wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:11 pm
I personally just try to keep the SOC between 20 and 80% where sensible and trust VW will eventually tweak the BMS to properly manage battery temperature re optimal charging and cold weather short trip performance. 2.4/3.0 should do some of that…
Thank you. That is what I will aim for. Is it ok to charge up to 100% when setting off on a long journey?
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

Sheps wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:14 am
OB1CCFC wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:11 pm
Thank you. That is what I will aim for. Is it ok to charge up to 100% when setting off on a long journey?
Yes,if you start off soon after the charge
For a long journey I tend to charge to 80% overnight during cheap rate, then put it on again first thing in the morning for an hour or two before I set off. I also heat the cabin if required.
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.