New wecharge prices

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

sidehaas wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:59 am
OB1CCFC wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:50 am Thanks Sidehaas!

So my local Osprey says 52.3p per kWh no start up fee.
My nearby Leeds Recharge Alfa Power (at Bristol st motors) is £1.27 per kWh (lolz).
Instavolt isn’t on We Charge is it? Although I think Ive seen some on the map erroneously ie. It didn’t work when I tried it…

I’m on We Charge Go which seems to have dropped in price since I got it 6 weeks ago🙄
Maybe it needs a message to Instavolt to ask. Their chargers are mostly on the map and identified as wecharge compatible, but there is no live data and no way to start the charge in the app, so the only possible means would be the RFID card. I'm planning to stop at Banbury on Saturday so I'll try it out.
Hmm, well, I'm at Banbury now but my wecharge RFID didn't work. It was recognized as an RFID but after a couple of seconds the screen said authorization failed so I am using contactless instead. To be fair I'm on one of the new chargers and they aren't on the wecharge map whereas the older ones are. Doesn't bode that well for using wecharge to get cheaper Instavolt though.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.