New wecharge prices

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

VW announcemed new wecharge pricres the other day but just referred you to the weconnect app for details. I couldn't see them as I'm on my free year of wecharge go already so nothing had changed. However I saw today that someone had shared a screenshot of the prices on Facebook.
So it seems only the most expensive plan will now get the Ionity discount. On the £3.99/month it'll still be 69p/kWh. BUT that plan also gives you all other DC wecharge connectors for 45p, and if you get the expensive plan that gives Ionity at 28p, then other DC wecharge connectors are 35p.
Wecharge connectors include Instavolt, Osprey, Shell and others... that could be a big deal if their normal prices stay high (Instavolt now 57p). I wasn't otherwise considering paying for wecharge after the free period ends, but if it gets me all those networks at a discount it could be worth it.
Has anyone actually used their wecharge card or app to charge at Instavolt or Osprey?
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.

OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

Could you link to or post the screenshot here?
I am on WeCharge Go @&5.99 a month since 18th March.

I have charged on Osprey after signing up and was charged 42p.
I think the card didn’t work on a recent instavolt so I used a credit card.

Basically I signed up for a European tour in May where I will be using ionity a lot.
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.
Warminster id

Post by Warminster id »

This is the first time I’ve seen what other chargers you can use, is there a full list anywhere?
Life pro performance grey/steels standard car
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

OB1CCFC wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:42 am Could you link to or post the screenshot here?
I am on WeCharge Go @&5.99 a month since 18th March.

I have charged on Osprey after signing up and was charged 42p.
I think the card didn’t work on a recent instavolt so I used a credit card.

Basically I signed up for a European tour in May where I will be using ionity a lot.
Just out of interest do you know if Ionity is as expensive in Europe as it is here?
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Warminster id wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:44 am This is the first time I’ve seen what other chargers you can use, is there a full list anywhere?
You can filter on wecharge compatible chargers within the weconnect ID app. It also gives you the price for each (on my current deal these closely match the standard prices for each network.) I don't think there is a list anywhere.

OB1CCFC - I'll try to find the screenshot again.

Scratch - European prices for each Ionity charger are also given if you click on the charge point in We Connect ID map and then drag up for further details. Eg it gives the per minute rate in France.
Last edited by sidehaas on Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Now found the new price structure at this link:
https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/electri ... harge.html
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

Thanks Sidehaas!

So my local Osprey says 52.3p per kWh no start up fee.
My nearby Leeds Recharge Alfa Power (at Bristol st motors) is £1.27 per kWh (lolz).
Instavolt isn’t on We Charge is it? Although I think Ive seen some on the map erroneously ie. It didn’t work when I tried it…

I’m on We Charge Go which seems to have dropped in price since I got it 6 weeks ago🙄
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

OB1CCFC wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:50 am Thanks Sidehaas!

My nearby Leeds Recharge Alfa Power (at Bristol st motors) is £1.27 per kWh (lolz).
Instavolt isn’t on We Charge is it? Although I think Ive seen some on the map erroneously ie. It didn’t work when I tried it…

I’m on We Charge Go which seems to have dropped in price since I got it 6 weeks ago🙄
£1.27 per kWh? is that a misprint?
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Maybe it needs a message to Instavolt to ask. Their chargers are mostly on the map and identified as wecharge compatible, but there is no live data and no way to start the charge in the app, so the only possible means would be the RFID card. I'm planning to stop at Banbury on Saturday so I'll try it out.
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

Scratch wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:57 am

£1.27 per kWh? is that a misprint?
You’d hope so but that’s the stated price for each of the 4 chargers!
Must be a record if true… chisellers.
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

sidehaas wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:59 am

Maybe it needs a message to Instavolt to ask. Their chargers are mostly on the map and identified as wecharge compatible, but there is no live data and no way to start the charge in the app, so the only possible means would be the RFID card. I'm planning to stop at Banbury on Saturday so I'll try it out.
Yeah that’ll be interesting. I tried my We Charge RFID at an Instavolt on the A1, which was on the map as We Charge. It didn’t work. But just looking now I can’t see them on the map at all any more. At Elkesley Starbucks north and south.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

OB1CCFC wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:50 am My nearby Leeds Recharge Alfa Power (at Bristol st motors) is £1.27 per kWh (lolz).

They were having a 🦒 there, right ? I mean, nobody's paying that. Surely.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
365allthetime

Post by 365allthetime »

I’m sure I had an offer in the app which gave 0.45p and was free for first year if activated by some date in June but this appears to have gone?
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

365allthetime wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:04 am I’m sure I had an offer in the app which gave 0.45p and was free for first year if activated by some date in June but this appears to have gone?
45p Ionity was what wecharge go gave until last week. You get/got it free for a year with a new ID car.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

sidehaas wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:07 am
365allthetime wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:04 am I’m sure I had an offer in the app which gave 0.45p and was free for first year if activated by some date in June but this appears to have gone?
45p Ionity was what wecharge go gave until last week. You get/got it free for a year with a new ID car.
Did I miss that then? Had our ID3 since Sept 21.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Scratch wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:09 am
When you sign up for wecharge via the app WeConnectID app, there are three options - wecharge free, wecharge go and wecharge plus. (as a new ID owner both the first two options should be free and the third discounted.)
If you have already signed up for wecharge, you can find out if you have it by clicking on any Ionity charger in the WeConnectID app and it'll tell you the cost.
If you haven't already signed up, do it now and see what options you get. My guess would be you'll be offered a year of wecharge Go for free but it might be the new version, which doesn't discount Ionity but instead gives 45p on other wecharge compatible rapids. This might turn out to be better. I might be wrong.
365allthetime

Post by 365allthetime »

Yes I thought so, was on the app but I didn’t get round to signing up as I thought this offer was open till June - sure it said this on my app? Well missed out there then!
Dam
365allthetime

Post by 365allthetime »

sidehaas wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:37 am
Scratch wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:09 am
When you sign up for wecharge via the app WeConnectID app, there are three options - wecharge free, wecharge go and wecharge plus. (as a new ID owner both the first two options should be free and the third discounted.)
If you have already signed up for wecharge, you can find out if you have it by clicking on any Ionity charger in the WeConnectID app and it'll tell you the cost.
If you haven't already signed up, do it now and see what options you get. My guess would be you'll be offered a year of wecharge Go for free but it might be the new version, which doesn't discount Ionity but instead gives 45p on other wecharge compatible rapids. This might turn out to be better. I might be wrong.
We charge go showing at £2.99 a month on mine now opposed to free
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Having had the free 12 months, I am now offered

We Charge Go for £3.99 a month giving £0.69 Ac and DC ionity, AC £0.35 and DC £0.45
or
We Charge Free for Free with £0.69 AC and DC Ionity then £0.45 AC and £0.60 DC

For £12.99 a month you get AC/DC Ionity @ £0.28p AC £0.27 and DC £0.35

*per kWh prices inclusive of VAT
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

This is mine, £5.99 for We Charge Go.
Are we seeing yet more over-complication and disorganisation??
Ps. I’d just come off the free 1st edition juice before this contract.

77C39BA4-FB13-425A-8611-BE14BC603013.jpeg