Charging at Eurotunnel

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
LongMynd

Post by LongMynd »

Has anyone charged successfully at the Eurotunnel terminals?
Eurotunnel say they are part of the Charge Your Car network, but looking at the various apps I wonder if it might be possible to use VW's We charge card or a Shell Recharge card?
Charles
Charles.
ID.3 Tour with heat-pump

SinglePointSafety

Post by SinglePointSafety »

Comes up on the We Charge desktop map https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/electri ... harge.html and also on the Octopus Electric Juice map https://electricjuice.octopus.energy/network/map
Since I'm about to use Eurotunnel in the near future, have checked these chargers (and the ones at Calais) and each time I've looked, they're always very busy
id3 Max 2021
LongMynd

Post by LongMynd »

Chargers at Eurotunnel Folkestone were out of action this weekend.
Charles.
ID.3 Tour with heat-pump
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

The Tesla ones there (Folkstone) are now open to everyone through the app too. Obviously you have to pay (I've heard the others are free?) and I wouldn't want to rely completely on one being free at a busy time.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
SinglePointSafety

Post by SinglePointSafety »

The Eurotunnel chargers were operating fine on May 8th and were free - but others have reported their lack of reliability. If you don't want to rely on the ones at Eurotunnel Calais, use the Ionity chargers at Coquelles, in the Holiday Inn car park, just a few minutes drive from check-in (or few minutes to Cite Europe)
id3 Max 2021
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

I charged at Maidstone ionity before the Chunnel. Wouldn’t take the risk of the Chunnel chargers working…
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.