Tyre Wear

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas » Sun May 08, 2022 8:25 am

monkeyhanger wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 8:02 am
tomstring wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 6:00 am
Does anybody know what tyres are fitted on current deliveries?
I don't know anyone here or elsewhere that got anything other than Bridgestones IF they have 18" wheels (steel or East Derrys), 19" is pot luck, but it's more often Contis than Goodyear or Bridgestones (Bridgestones 19" are a rarity). 20"? Don't know anyone who ticked that option box, (for fear of a harsh ride, or the disproportionately high cost).

If you're on 18" wheels, I'd bet the house you'll be getting Bridgestones.
Our Contis are 18 inch (on East Derrys). It seems too early to say how they are wearing though. Tread is certainly a lot less than a nearly new set of Michelins on my other car but if they started on 6.5mm like a 19 inch wheel poster above said his did, then they are doing pretty well.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. OHME Home Pro charger.

sghom

Post by sghom » Sun May 08, 2022 8:31 am

monkeyhanger wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 8:02 am
tomstring wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 6:00 am
Does anybody know what tyres are fitted on current deliveries?
I don't know anyone here or elsewhere that got anything other than Bridgestones IF they have 18" wheels (steel or East Derrys), 19" is pot luck, but it's more often Contis than Goodyear or Bridgestones (Bridgestones 19" are a rarity). 20"? Don't know anyone who ticked that option box, (for fear of a harsh ride, or the disproportionately high cost).

If you're on 18" wheels, I'd bet the house you'll be getting Bridgestones.
18" .....with conti's here ! :P
family pro performance, mangy knees+bin lids
JCT 600 [sheffield]
ordered 17 july
3140xxxx
build week 45 confirmed? 11/1
on the boat 8-)
MY22
ETA feb 22 8-)

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger » Sun May 08, 2022 9:00 am

Both 2022 arrivals, maybe VW have switched or Bridgestones in shorter supply recently?

Lucky you, the Bridgestones are poor, but they're so much worse on a FWD Golf or Polo for tramping, so the ID3's rear wheel drive does disguise some of their shortcomings.
His: ID3 Life Pro Performance Glacier White, East Derrys
Hers: ID3 Family Pro Performance Manganese Grey, East Derrys (she wanted keyless entry!)

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger » Sun May 15, 2022 5:51 pm

Today was supposedly the last day of a Costco Michelin tyre promo, so I went down to Gateshead to get a set of Primacy 4s, but the offer had been pulled early and will be on for the W/C 23 May 2022 apparently. I gored my rear right tyre on the sharpest kerb corner I've ever seen, reversing into the "Sheldon" spot at a job interview. With my wife's slow puncture on the same wheel, the plan is to swap her front wheels for my rears, so I've got a partially worn set of Bridgestones on mine, then replace all hers with the Primacy. With yhe promo, the tyres will be £105 a corner, fully fitted.
His: ID3 Life Pro Performance Glacier White, East Derrys
Hers: ID3 Family Pro Performance Manganese Grey, East Derrys (she wanted keyless entry!)

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565