ID3 GTX in 2023 face-lift?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
MLB_ID3

Post by MLB_ID3 »

https://insideevs.com/news/584323/volks ... otor-2023/

Not sure if this has been shared before. A dual motor ID3 would be a lot of fun to drive. :twisted:
Order date: 9th October
Spec: Family Pro Performance Glacier White Andoya Alloys
Original delivery estimates: March, April, May now Autumn
Previous build weeks: 19, 22
Estimated build week: 2022 wk38
** Cancelled **

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

MLB_ID3 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 8:55 am https://insideevs.com/news/584323/volks ... otor-2023/

Not sure if this has been shared before. A dual motor ID3 would be a lot of fun to drive. :twisted:
Their dates seem off - The ID3 was launched around Jul/Aug 2020, wasnt it? Unless Germany got it a year before other markets. I'm a bit pessimistic it'll get a mid life update as early as 2023 unless there are some significant cost savings for VW to make.

Not sure how much fun a GTX could be. It'll be a 2 ton tank, pretty quick in a straight line (although still pretty slow by mud/high spec Tesla M3 standards). It certainly won't be as nimble or chuckable as plenty of ICE hot hatches.

It's a moot point really, I've generally had hot hatches in the past, and they're so fast now, you've got 4 seconds of hard acceleration if you're already rolling before you're in license losing territory and the ride is so refined, there's not many thrills to be had. I got a Golf R in 2015, and it's was fast, but ultimately a bit sterile.
Last edited by monkeyhanger on Sun May 08, 2022 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
MLB_ID3

Post by MLB_ID3 »

I think the ID3 launch was late 2019? But, a sportier looking version of the ID3 might be of interest to some. Dual motor would surely push it towards or beyond £40k (once you add on all of the tech it will have)? Anyway - I thought it was an interesting piece.
Order date: 9th October
Spec: Family Pro Performance Glacier White Andoya Alloys
Original delivery estimates: March, April, May now Autumn
Previous build weeks: 19, 22
Estimated build week: 2022 wk38
** Cancelled **
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

The article states "backlighting for the volume slider" was introduced in late 2021. Is that right?
steviebabes

Post by steviebabes »

Looks like discs on the rear too.
ID3 Life Pro Performance Glacier White Andoya 19in Alloys
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

Scratch wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 9:54 am The article states "backlighting for the volume slider" was introduced in late 2021. Is that right?
Might need stig or more0 to answer that. I thought I heard it mentioned in an article, but not on the dealer information sheet.
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Open for ordering in 2023 for delivery late 2025? 😂
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Stig2011

Post by Stig2011 »

mediaguy wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:51 pm
Scratch wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 9:54 am The article states "backlighting for the volume slider" was introduced in late 2021. Is that right?
Might need stig or more0 to answer that. I thought I heard it mentioned in an article, but not on the dealer information sheet.
No change. Still unlit, but in practice it’s not a big deal.
Life Pro Performance/Assistance Pack/Scale Silver/ East Derry Wheels
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Stig2011 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 5:51 am
mediaguy wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:51 pm
No change. Still unlit, but in practice it’s not a big deal.
I think most if not all new model VWs now have the same infotainment system setup with those unbacklit slider controls as part of the screen module - all ID models both existing and yet to be produced (incl 5 and Buzz) and the newer ICE models. It was only ever hopeful speculation that they would be removed for my22.5. I think basically people listed stuff they would like in 22.5 on forums and other people read that and misinterpreted it. Nothing from VW ever said they were going to change. They are annoying at night because it's impossible to see the sliders. I think you could do it by feel after a lot of night driving but I haven't managed that myself yet.
I saw a video a while ago that said they couldn't backlight them because that's where the proximity sensors were for the screen and if people's fingers were lit up then the proximity sensors would no longer work. I don't know how reliable that information is but it seems plausible. Could do with a wider redesign of the screen module.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.