Driving in Spain / France

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
itsjon

Post by itsjon »

I see that the Octopus Juice card seems to cover a lot of charge points in France / Spain.

Is it possible that a We Charge card and Octopus Juice card is all I would need from say Saint Malo to San Sebastian ?

Is it worth getting the ChargeMap card ? or does the Octopus Juice card cover the same locations ????

Lastly... Does the car automatically set itself into metric calibration or is that a user menu selection ?

thanks

Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Hi there, I live in Spain and I use my We Charge card at Ionity chargers, reliably. I also use ChargeMap in places.

Here's my post from last year which I hope will help a bit: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1185

Best!
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

I think you should be fine with WeCharge and Octopus Juice. importantly giving you Ionity and Allegro (for France). I would personally do a large charge before entering Spain as it is patchier there.

I am off to southern France, Germany in 2 weeks.
Just checking on the miles to km malarkey.
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.
tomstring

Post by tomstring »

I don’t yet have my ID3 but when I drive on the continent in my Ateca (VW group car) it has the facility to just change the Speedo to KMH and leave everything else such as distance in miles. Fyi.
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

Just go to the main screen (with all icons), then ‘Settings’, then ‘Units’. It then lets you change distance, speed etc to km.
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.
itsjon

Post by itsjon »

thanks everyone :)